What happen to Kaspersky product on Download Crew

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LunarWolf, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Regarding the upgrade rights thing that has been discussed; I think it will go like this:

- Licenses activated before the release of the new version will be able to upgrade for free or obtain a new license key
    - Licenses for older versions activated after the new version is released will not get the upgrade to 2014 unless a renewal is purchased directly from Kaspersky via the online store.

This is just my opinion on how it may go. I do not think that Kaspersky will remove upgrade rights altogether in an industry where nearly everyone else gives you the right to upgrade.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have a KIS 2012 that I plan to activate when the 2014 is about to be put on their site. I am hoping that I can upgrade to the 2014 and use the license.
    Jerry

3. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Totally agree but the main reason they are doing this is to prevent cheaper codes from flooding the other markets where the codes may cost more.

4. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

If all this is true I'll be switching to either another vendor or a free product once my license runs out. I used a Kis 2012 license that I got from ebay to activate Kis 2013, this license should allow me to upgrade to 2014 shouldn't it?

Edit just to add: My current Kis 2012 license that I use in 2013 version still has 337 days left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.