What games can this computer play?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Its an Inspiron E1505 from Dell with, Intel Core Duo Processor 2MB chache/1.66GHz/667MHz FSB, Windows XP media center, PC Restore recovery system by Symantec, 15.4 inch Ultasharp wide screen SXGA display with TrueLife, 1G Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533 MHZ, 2 Dimm, 100 GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive, Free 8x CD/DVD burner with double layer dvd+r write compability, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54 Mbps), 128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300 Hypermemory graphics card, Integrated audio, 53 WHr 6 cell LIthium Ion Primary Battery. How is it?

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I like mine just fine. My specs are a little different: I got the 2 GHz CPU, upped the RAM to 2 GB, put in Windows XP Pro instead, stuck with the Intel 945M graphics, and got two batteries -- both with 9 cell 85 Whr life instead of the standard.

However, I haven't played games for about 10 years now.

You question is kind of broad. Maybe you'd get more useful responses to asked which games it CAN'T play.;)

BTW, my 8x CD/DVD burner dual layer is DVD+-RW capable.

3. cheater87

can it play max payne 2? i know it can play postal 2 and painkiller

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

considering the mobility radeon x1300 is newer and faster than the geforce4 mx integrated gfx, then half-life 2 should definitely play.

dont know 'bout otehr games, but if u lower ur quality and dont use high resolutions, u should play a few games.

if possible, always give demos a try.

5. cheater87

people on other message boards say its a crappy gaming computer i want to play older games not like stone age old games like from 3 or so years ago. I know it can't play any of todays games

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The Radeon X1300 Pro will play any DX8 and early generation DX9-based game smoothly. This includes Max Payne 2, Max Payne 1, Gunmetal, Silent Storm and others.

I can guarantee you that your Radeon will play Max Payne 2, Far Cry, Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and possibly FEAR smoothly.

For newer games, you may need to reduce the graphics detail, but the game will work. :)

7. cheater87

how well will it run FEAR on it? Im going to download postal 2 since that game is 3 years old so i know it can run on it at everying high.

8. divedog

divedog Registered Member

There are only several games out so far that can take advantage of duel processors, quake 4, call of duty 2 with the duel core patch and oblivion are some that come to mind. Games like far cry and fear will only be running on 1 core. Basically you would be running on a single 1.6ghz processor. I used to play fear on a p4 2.4ghz with a 6800 and I realized it was time to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong it ran smooth @ 1024 by 768 with some settings turned down. You will probably do pretty good at 800 by 600. Why don’t you download 3Dmark05 and run the benchmark test and you will have a much better idea. If you score in the 3000 range you shouldn’t have any problems with those games.

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

PONG.

10. divedog

divedog Registered Member

11. crofttk

Oh, crap, I can see where this thread's going.

It's not about the frikkin' laptop, it's about the graphics !

So why didn't you entitle the thread "What games can the 128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300 Hypermemory graphics card play" ?

It's an excellent laptop if you want a 15.4" screen to be more useful at road locations rather than on the plane.

If all you want is to play games or playing games is otherwise so important to you, don't waste you money on a laptop and then whine and blubber about it's graphics capability. Just get a desktop, like one of those sexy alienware desktops with the crappy support.:rolleyes:

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well the cpu and memory still play a role in running games, but for a laptop the graphics can be more important.

13. crofttk

I agree wholeheartedly. However, I do have a problem relating to the importance of playing games on a laptop. It seems like an oxymoron to me. Oh well, to each his or her own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.