What Firewall with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 in Vista

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MrGSM, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

Hi everybody,
    Liking the version 7 of Kaspersky Anti-Virus et not prefering the version 2009
    What Firewall to choose to complete KAV 7.0 in Proactive Protection, because the proactive protection of KAV 7.0 in Vista is lower.
    Thanks.

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Try Comodo Pro or Online Armor. Both have good HIPS to supplement Kaspersky.

I have never actually tried both alongside Kaspersky. I use DefenseWall instead for the HIPS/proactive protection instead.

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I share this 3D - excuse me, MrGSM ;) - to ask which firewall run well with KAV 7 generally, that is also with XP: I don't like too KIS 2009, I said it in another 3D in the forum, and when my KIS license will expire, I want only KAV with a different, good firewall. ( Naturally, I anyway have a real HIPS ). :)

4. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

For exemple i like too much Outpost Firewall Pro, but this firewall can help Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 in proactive defense?

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Honestly, I don't believe very much in the proactive protection in the antivirus, I think that the better thing is to use also a real HIPS. Anyway, I think that a fw must do the fw and an av must do the av ( even with proactive protection eventually ).

6. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Yes, it can. Outpost Pro has HIPS too.

7. entropism

entropism Registered Member

Might want to research the Comodo/Kaspersky pairing a little more. When I was using Kaspersky 7 and wanted to try Comodo, there were "issues", to say the least. You had to install them in a certain order, and even then there were compatibility conflicts. Not sure if it's been fixed but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.