What files(s)? to exclude in nero 8 ultra backup?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by JohnnyRocket, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyRocket

JohnnyRocket Registered Member

Does anyone know what FDISR bin files to exclude from a backup procedure initiated in nero 8 ultra? Is it something like C:/fdisr/iso/bin/0 or what? If I work primarily in the secondary snapshot then which bin do I exclude, 0 or 1? Is 0 the primary and 1 the secondary snapshot or how does that work exactly? I have a place in nero where I can list files to be excluded during backup so this info would be crucial.

I was also thinking about this when nero asked me to make a bootable cd. Should I make the bootable cd from the primary which also has nero 8 ultra on it or should I make the bootable cd in the secondary work snapshot that I use the most?

Help.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am not familiar with nero 8 ultra backup. But if it's got any capablility to do bare metal restore, then you shouldn't exclude them. A restore would be messed up.

3. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

0 is the current snapshot, 1 would be 'the other' snapshot.
    If you copy the 'second' to the primary on a regular basis, Nero is in both.
    If the Nero files that you are talking about are the files created by Nero then you'd probably want to keep them on a different physical drive. I assume that Nero is used to backup data files.
    If you have data files in c:, then they are also copied by FD ISR to the target snapshot, and provide a limited type of backup, but Nero may be backing them up 'on the fly' which provides the best backup, but really only if you use a different drive in case your main drive crashes. You should also keep an archive of the snapshot which would allow you to recover your system, then you could restore the Nero backups and be 'totally' recovered.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.