What exactly does ewidoguard monitor?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by OldRebel, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

I just bought a license for Ewido plus after using the free version for months. I had been using Windows Defender, but it almost trashed my PC and interfered with Spysweeper, McAfee VirusScan, and task scheduler. I have been very happy with Ewido free and now I amazed at how fast the auto updates are, and I love the notification near the system tray. It's great!!! I want to try to avoid major conflicts between Spysweeper and Ewido, so I am wondering what exactly the guard monitors. Spysweeper and DEfender both had hooks all throught the OS at places changes could be made, and they both list the areas they monitor. Ewido says it monitors "memory." Just what areas and which ones might interfere with Spysweeper and vice versa?
    BTW - I'ne had NO problems yet with Ewido and I love it.

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi OldRebel,
    Not an expert on this, but this is what the Ewido page says:
    I've been using it since some time now together with Spy Sweeper and until now
    I never had a problem between those two. :)
    All protection is enabled in Spy Sweeper.

BTW Good decision to buy it. :thumb:

3. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

Thanks for the info, Good to know that Ewido and Spysweeper work well together. Buying Ewido was a pleasure, and I know it's worth it. I'm finished using free beta anti-spyware programs, especially Microsoft Windows "Nagging Nannie" Defender.

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

My pleasure OldRebel. ;)
    Same here, haven't regretted it a moment to buy Ewido, although I can't say the same from some other apps. :D
    I try to have a minimum of beta software installed on my system.

Never tried Windows Defender and I'll guess I'll never will.
    Pretty satisfied with what I've got installed now, so no need to add an extra load to my system resources.
    Now I'm only waiting patiently until Ewido 4 is released.
    I'm sure you'll like it too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.