What effect does GRUB have on TI?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Earthling, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

One of my comps has XP and Mandriva on a single HDD with GRUB as the bootloader. I have been using Ghost 9 for imaging XP but it is being suggested that if I do a restore the comp will not then boot - missing ntldr.

For obvious reasons I don't want to suck it and see, so what would the position be if I get Acronis TI?

2. Modred

Modred Registered Member

I dual boot WinXP and Ubuntu 7.10 with grub as the bootloader. These are on a single drive with separate partitions for WinXP, Linux, swap, and FAT32 for storage.

I use TI-10 to image this hard drive and have restored the entire drive, individual partitions, and individual folders/files without any problem. I don't know what ntldr is but my computer has always booted after a restore (and I have done a lot of restores).

3. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Thanks very much for that reassurance. FYI ntldr is a system file used by XP in the boot process.

It may be of course that my informant is up a gum tree, and a Ghost restore would work OK - it has done in every other scenario. Just can't think of a way to find out without first shelling out for TI o_O

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Earthling, your system setup is fully supported and you shouldn't have any issues with creating and then restoring an image of the whole hard disk/individual partition in a case of a system crash or a hard disk drive failure by means of the latest Acronis True Image 11 Home. We may also recommend you to install a trial version available at http://www.acronis.com/download/ in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Please visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the product.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.