What does this error mean

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rod Williams, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

I just did and incremental backup and got this error.
    E00070001 Unhandled Exception.
    What would cause it? I started the backup again and it was fine and it said the backup was successful.
    Do I trust that the error did not cause a problem with the image?

2. Rod Williams

Thanks for the help.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rod,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Could you please do the following:
    - Navigate to Start -> Run;
    - Type in "drwtsn32";
    - Remember the log file path and the crash dump path;
    - Start Acronis True Image and create a new task using Schedule Task wizard, but do not schedule it (on the Start Parameters page choose "Do not start automatically"). Set the name of the new task to "Test Task".
    - Download the following file from www.acronis.com:

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/TrueImage8.0_dbg_s_en.zip
    http://www.acronis.com/files/support/dbgdlls.zip

- Unpack the files into the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder.
    - Open the \Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ folder and find the script file with the following parameter inside: display name="Test Task".
    - Copy the script file to the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder.
    - Start Command Prompt from Start\Accessories program menu.
    - Type the following commands in the shell window:

cd \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage
    ti_demon /script: [script name] > ti.log 2>&1

- Reproduce the problem;
    - Send Dr. Watson's log and dump files from the afore-mentioned paths to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.
    - Also please send us the ti.log file from the \Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage folder.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I tried to create a disk image and store it to my external USB 2.0 hard drive and I got the error message "unhandled exception".

The reason this error popped up was because the destination disk was too full so the disk image I was creating didn't have enough room to fit on it. I deleted some files and created the image successfully.

The use of "unhandled exception" as the error code for a full disk or for inadequate room on the destination disk is confusing and misleading. Why not something like "Destination Disk Too Full" or something else that makes a little sense?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iflyprivate,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded this info to our Development Team. Usually Acronis True Image is able to check whether there is enough space on the destination drive and pop up the appropriate error message if necessary.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Rod Williams

I'm glad someone will actually answer my question. I asked it here and emailed tech support and it took iflyprivate to give me a straight answer. That is all I wanted to know and it makes sense because I have several images on my backup image drive and it was almost full. My orginal question was "what does this error mean"?
    Thanks iflyprivate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.