What does "snapshot" do to disk where snapshot backups are stored?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bg56, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

Apologies if this is covered in the guide or in the forum... read for a couple of hours last night and just couldn't come to a conclusion. Have just installed B&R 10 Pro it's prompting me for a snapshot location. It looks like B&R10 does something to "prep" the snapshot target location. Since I'm using a second hard drive that I use to store data, I want to understand exactly what B&R will do in this prep and how destructive it is. I'm assuming it is somehow making the snapshot space I indicate as usuable only to B&R - any input on what B&R does to the snapshot destination storage is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

There are two ways of doing it.

You can either save the snapshot (paragon image file ) to a drive , just like saving any file - it has no effect on the drive itself.

Or, you can create a special backup capsule - which creates a special separate partition to store images on . That is only accessible by Paragon.

Hope it helps.

3. bg56

bg56 Registered Member

Thanks - I'm assuming the "snapshot" reminder I keep seeing pop up is to create a capsule which means the drive will be repartitioned. I also assume it's "non destructive" in that any information already on the drive being partitioned is not affected - correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.