What does snapapi26 do?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by antareus, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antareus

antareus Registered Member

I'm evaluating Acronis as a backup solution right now, and I installed the Linux agent on Ubuntu 6.10 in a virtual machine. It appears that:
    1. the agent does not start up automatically when you restart
    2. the snapapi26 module does not get loaded automatically

My question is, what does the snapapi26 module actually do? I was able to make a backup without modprobe'ing it, only starting the agent. I ask because it can be a pain to install the agent on linux when there is no kernel source available.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello antareus,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the SnapAPI module is in charge of all I/O operations on the hard disk performed by Acronis software. It should loads automatically with the system as well as Acronis True Image Agent for Linux. Therefore, could you please clarify how did you figure out the SnapAPI module and Acronis True Image Agent do not load automatically.

In addition, note that it is sufficient to have kernel headers to install Acronis True Image Agent for Linux.

Having collected that above information please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Anton Sherkhonov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.