What does it mean "AMON: released file"

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by act8192, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

In this instance the downloaded file was in Opera cache and the download location was in one of my folders, and the release process took about a minute, which seemed quite long considering the file is only 1.5meg.
    The only reference I found to the "released file" query is, without an answer, here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=236205&highlight=amon: released file

This was under NOD32, v3, build 4194 on XP-home SP3. Today's build is 4197. That was for Peer Guardian2. Known to me.
    I also see under 4190,4107,4035 that PortLoop, whatever that is.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. act8192

Thanks Cudni :)
    Of course we still don't know what it means.
    I've combed through the user manual cover to cover so to speak, not a word about the meaning. Disappointed that someone from ESET couldn't provide and answer to what seems like the SIMPLEST of questions. I mean, somebody coded the phrase to come up in response to something NOD sees and does. Seems to me a bit of search for that one phrase through the source might give an answer rather quickly, like 2 seconds :)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The message serves only for debugging purposes, it's not intended for users.

5. act8192

Thank you Marcos.
    So, there's nothing very special about it, other than you log it more than other files for me to wonder what it means?
    Nothing very special about the PeerGuardian file, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.