What does Avira need to do.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

With all due respect, they are stalled right now. This last version, even with webguard not installed, drastically reduces my web surfing to a slower speed. Cant figure that one out. But for me,

1. Add HIPS, which I am sure they will.

2. Get the firewall to actually compete with some that rank alot higher at testing sites.

3. Get a plugin for antispam that works with the majority of email programs.

4. The GUI still needs to come out of the dino age for glitz. It just does.

Avira still is the tops in my viewpoint ,but others have closed the gap. If people are going to buy a suite then they are going to have to step up and make that next leap forward, which I know they can. Thoughts?

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

trjam, perhaps your web surfing problems are as a result of a software conflict.

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening One & All! Currently running Avira 9 Security Suite,so far it runs like a proverbial rocket sled. I have Prevx 3.0 complimenting Avira. No conflicts in surfing regarding loading of pages and browser response times. Currently have Firefox 3.5 beta4, Chrome, and Opera 9.64 and Explorer ie 8. Primarily run Chrome for general surfing, and firefox for extended surfing. Avira's firewall is unobtrusive and responsive, and the malware detection is truly superb! Sincerely...Securon

4. icr

icr Registered Member

I use Firefox 3.0.10 and i noticed bit of glitch in my downloading speed but not much otherwise everything is just fine:-*
    Good going Avira:thumb:

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Thankfully I have no web browsing or update issues even with the free version.

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

No problems here using the free version :thumb:

7. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I missed that one. Can you give me a link where you found this kind of information? (tbh, I don't think this is true, but who knows...)

8. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Not good to spread misinformation. Free uses the same engine as Premium for scanning the hard drive.The only difference is,Premium has web filtering.

9. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Ask Stefan Kurtzhals.

Not gonna chill anytime soon when I see misinformation,I call it. On here it seems to happen alot.

10. Boost

Boost Registered Member

The free version detects spyware,as myself I've had experience while downloading something with adware.

Saying Avira has inferior detection is quite laughable.

11. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Your misinformed. Avira free detects spyware /adware,so carry on with your misinformation.
    Like I said, ask Stefan Kurtzhals

12. Boost

Boost Registered Member

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus-download_49708.html

Do your research! PM Stefan Kurtzhals like you said you were goin to do.

13. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Good luck!

14. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

I read on their forum that is the same detection,what is on their page seems an marketing strategy,or it depends how you look at it IMO(it is enhanced since it's better than in the previous version ,not against free version).
    The free version didn't have spyware protection till version 9 so "enhanced" wouldn't fit
    Regardind inferioring detections capabilities of the free version ,the pro has the webguard so the free is inferiour but this is not something new

15. Boost

Boost Registered Member

This is what you said. You didnt say anything about spyware detection,only said "scanning detection" Then you start by posting this

What does it mean by: "Enhanced AntiSpyware" in Premium version then?
    http://www.avira.com/en/solutions/home_home_office.html
    Thanks.

I said ask Stefan,period.

The free version detects spyware / adware /viruses, trojans etc etc. If you dont wanna run it,dont.

16. Boost

Boost Registered Member

So you have no experience? Your just goin by what a website says? Wow,I guess if you've got no experience in using a product you shouldnt really be able to give insight on a product, period unless you have used it first hand.

17. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

In the free version ... I'd like to see Avira really push the boat out and increase the advertising pop-up to cover the screen completely instead of just 3/4.

18. Boost

Boost Registered Member

If you've never used it, you've got no business at all saying it has "inferior scanning detection". If you have used it, were you a victim of spyware, how about adware? If not,how can you say or claim it has inferior spyware detection?

If an product is inferior, you can only claim as such if it's let you down etc,otherwise your just flaming a product with no evidence to back up your claim.

19. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Again no evidence to support your claim that Avira Free has "inferior spyware detection".

You started this debate,support your claims or you have nothing to add of importance.

20. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Reading comprehension isnt your friend clearly.

You claimed (once again with no evidence)Avira has inferior spyware detection.

All you can do is show a table of a comparison chat which clearly shows Avira free detects adware-spyware.

Where YOU come into the picture is,You keep claiming that is suffers from inferior spyware detection and you've yet provided no evidence at all of what you claim!

21. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Not insulting you by far. The problem is, you make unjustified claims,I will call you on it each and every time,period.When someone calls you out on a claim,you better be able to back it up.
    Stop linking websites that proves your points not at all.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  22. GmG

GmG Registered Member

Enhanced AntiSpyware = Webguard deny access to adware spyware site

http://www.forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=763148#post763148

23. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

ssj100 is right , how can u define what is "Enhanced AntiSpyware"?
    its for sure goes to the paid users , to attract them buy it and get (maybe) better protection

boost avire and smiler products never been good for spy killing , its just and add on , if u want a real spy killer use sas or sbam ot sunbelt anti spy software , so this argue is excrescent.

24. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

25. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Thank you GmG. If only you had posted that earlier. It would have saved a whole lot of heated discussion!

It's good to know that Avira Free has the same detecting engine as Avira Paid. I'm not the only one who thought otherwise. This is very good news.

ssj100 I told you this on page 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post number 10 Amazing you are LMAO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.