What do you think is the best sounding computer speakers?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :eek:
    At present I’m using Altec Lansing Multimedia Computer Speaker System AVS300 model (recommended by my nephew- a computer sales agent) and he’s right price and performance was great… but still I’m planning to buy a more expensive model for greater music performance output coz I really love music. What are you using and what can you recommend?
    :-* :cool:

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

For Notebooks, Harman Kardon :D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

They also work pretty good on my desktop too. ;) :D

snowbound

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Unfortunately, my Notebook doesn't have them :(

5. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi sweater,

If you love music as much as you state and you want Really good sound, then Seriously the best thing to do is forget about PC speakers etc.

Take a lead from your Line out on your souncard and plug it into a Line in on your Stereo System. If that's not possible due to cable routing etc, then a neat idea is to buy a small powered FM Transmitter/Reciever combo. These are widely available now, and pretty cheap too.

Failing either of those options, buy a little Amp, 20W - 35W per ch. and a pair of smallish but Real HiFi speakers ( Magnetically Shielded versions if near monitor ) and a Line lead. Again there are lots of bargains around all over.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed, in fact just the opposite !

StevieO

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Buy the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers. You wont be disappointed! Have not tried them myself, but I saw some very good reviews..... :)

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am running a pair of Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers that are THX certified. Being fed by a Soundblaster Audigy card which is also THX certified. Awesome combo, and the speakers were only $133 US

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

one of the absolute best PC speakers are the logitech z-5500, i however am limited to the logitech z-3. theyre very good for the price IMHO and theyll sound better once i get a creative sound blaster or x-fi later on.

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

At the moment I am running an infinity 5.1 450 watt surround system on my comp. It sounds really awsome :D

11. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Usually have the sound either off, or down to 1 or 2!

Don't use a PC for listening very much. Just for radio feeds that I can't get locally.

:)

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

It all depends on the price.. in a HUGE way. I have a set of ALtec Lansings with a subwoofer that were only about 60-70 USD (can't bother to look up model right now) but I put them on my wife's PC when I switched myself over to a bargain little Logitech set I found on NewEgg. It was like 50 USD for the two little speakers and sub - I bought them because I wanted a headphone jack in the speakers themselves as opposed to reaching behind the PC to swtch from speakers to headphones. I needed this because I am in constant communication on Teamspeak with people and playing games together.... I use the speakers when I am alone but as soon as someone else joins TS I plug up the headset to hear them better and to keep them from getting background noise. Anyway... back to the speakers... these things were bargain bin price and they sound awful big.

13. Arup

Arup Guest

Yamaha, they were the best, truly close to Hi-Fi but sadly due to their high cost, they never took off and Yamaha stopped making them.

14. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Firecat, I second that emotion. :D

I have a Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 hooked to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro on my puter and it has unbelievable sound. I was very very happy that I ordered them with my puter. I'm going to buy a Klipsch set for my livingroom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.