What do you think about Twitter?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Tyrizian, Apr 7, 2013.

?

What do you think about Twitter?

1. A good place to find up to date info and news - The new Aggregator

10.8%
  2. It's just as bad as Facebook - Privacy concerns

21.5%
  3. I absolutely hate Twitter

29.2%
  4. Other...

38.5%
  1. c2d

c2d Registered Member

I found it useful for some things....giweaways,discounts,sport info etc...but I'm not using it frequently.

2. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I don't use it. "Absolutely hate" are pretty strong words... but I admit I turn my nose up at people that live their lives via social media like Facebook & Twitter. When I tell them I don't have either they have a puzzled look on their face. Or they'll think I'm computer illiterate... in which case I'll pull out some terminology to quickly make them aware of that lapse in judgement.

The only thing I use is Youtube. I find it useful and entertaining... namely to see what's going on around the world unfiltered/censored like our major media news outlets. I allow only the 2 scripts needed to view videos (youtube & ytimg), and encrypt the cookies over https via NoScript. Have it linked to a dummy email acct. and of course have all the privacy options as slim as possible.

3. new2security

new2security Registered Member

Twitter (networking) is very good at delivering info fast.
    I love the idea but hate the heavy javascript use and ugly gui.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I selected other as I don't use it, but certainly don't hate it.

I prefer Facebook and don't see any point in using Twitter.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

6. x942

x942 Guest

I have a twitter account. Mainly because I am a developer and use it to talk to other dev and post update when I release a new version/app. While I agree that social websites have many privacy issues I do think it is better to have an account and control the information on it than not at all.

Why? Becuase with no facebook, no twitter, etc. anyone who wants to can now open one in your name and impersonate you. This very thing happened to my friend ( who lost a job opertunity due to the person using it to damage his reputation). I now have a facebook and invited all my (real) friends to it. The is no information on it that isn't public (like the apps I have made or am working on). It is a place holder so noone can come along and try adding people I know and claim to be me.

I prefer using Google+ and twitter to share information though. I find these sites allow for an audience (fan base) to get quick updates. As a software dev. I find them very useful for feedback and getting word out quickly.

7. merisi

merisi Registered Member

What do I think about Twitter? I try not to think about Twitter.

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's a tool like any other, and how you use it determines the pros and cons.

9. guest

guest Guest

Other --> Social Engineering. =V

10. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I never used Twitter in my life.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.