What do you think about the redesigned Emsisoft forum?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Jose_Lisbon, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

2. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

You're not alone, it is the most messy layout i have seen. When you pay for a first class board software like IP board then why not actually use it? :doubt:

The way it's set up i think all those that would have used the forum for support will just flood support directly instead or is that the only kind of support?

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I don't like their changes to the OA user interface either.

4. Jose_Lisbon

Jose_Lisbon Registered Member

5. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

its so much stuffed at one place

6. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

We discussed the changes internally as well as with our volunteers for a very long time. The old layout was horrible. The number of inconsistencies in the old layout were outrageous. To name just one: There was a "Freeware" and an "Online Armor" forum. Where are you supposed to post a thread about Online Armor Free?

This caused major head aches for most users and lead most of our paying costumers to use our other support methods instead of the forum. As a result many parts of the forums were almost dead which caused another issue: People simply didn't post because they assumed no-one would read it since there haven't been active topics for weeks in some areas.

We thought about various possible changes like creating categories for every product or using sub-forums. As a result the forum structure would have just become even more complex and obscure then it already was. So instead we decided to drastically reduce the number of forums that people will have to deal with to avoid spreading our resources and our daily traffic too thin and to make it easier for our customers to get help. It didn't take long until a few of our moderators voiced their concerns about our plans that having a Customer Support forum for all products may get messy. As a result we added the tagging system that we were using for our internal testing program for quite a while already. Essentially when you are creating a thread you are forced to select the product it belongs to. You can then use those tags to limit your searches or your forum views as you choose which is mimicking sub-forums without actually having sub-forums.

In general if it doesn't turn out the way we hope we can always change it again. We most likely will do some additional tweaking as well in the next few days like the change I added a few hours ago that allows you to enable product filters directly from the forum index page.

7. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

I agree with you now Fabian.

from user point of view , it would be convenient to post at one subforum

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Now it looks like an improvement.

9. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Great job Fabian. I think the filters and tagging definitely makes it easier to navigate in the forum.

10. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Just an Updated IP.Board...

11. pandorax

pandorax Registered Member

There is no support enough, so it doesn't matter! Sorry but OA has ancient issues. You can search old forum and can see old issues and can search new forum. Emsisoft softwares aren't good with google chrome. Online Armor isn't good with p2p softwares. oaserv.exe is resource hungry. And they do nothing about this issues! I am angry with Emsisoft!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow i didn't notice the changes until now :rolleyes:
    I still prefer the old one, probably because i was used to it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.