What do you guys use to remove/block ads in IE?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I do not necessarily have any "benchmarks" for you but here is what I have on my system:
    For both 32 and 64 bit systems, one process admunch.exe using 20 MB memory and one dll using about 80 KB. For 64 bit systems you have one more process admunch64.exe that uses about 3 MB of memory.

As far as performance, I definitely have no slowdowns and usually notice a performance increase relative to the amount and size of ads being blocked. I have been browsing for about 4 hours in this session and Ad Muncher has only used about 22 seconds of CPU time.

And the installer is only 529 KB.... and the folder it is installed to is only 728 KB...

Hope this helps ;) ...

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thanks, this is something I will have to give a look, the link is appreciated.

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I also made an OT post referring to OP FW Pro's ad blocking which does work with IE9 or any browser. MY bad!:oops:

If we just talk about blocking ads using IE9 ad on's, features maybe that would cool the water.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

But, it does work on IE, as does Kaspersky and Ad Muncher. It's just a bonus that they work on other browsers as well. I'd like to see as many options as possible, since I feel that IE is really lacking decent adblocking and it is the main reason I use Firefox more. I really wish there was something like Adblock Plus that would work on all sites but allow me to quickly whitelist a site with a couple of clicks instead of having to manually edit a TPL or something.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Keeping On Topic - you can edit | add | remove items from your IE TPL's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.