What do u think is the best ftp program/s?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    What ftp program are u using? o_O ...free and paid...that has excellent great speed and features and of course easy to use. :cautious:

At present I am using FileZilla free. :cool: ;)

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

wget or ftp or fetch, all work pretty well for me and use them every day for quite large amounts of work and downloads

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I just use fireftp. Its simple and does everything i need and its free, although i actually ended up giving them a donation for it.

4. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I use 7-Zip in Windows, I tried and liked FileZilla, but just found Smartftp suited me better.

I usually commandline ftp/wget in Linux, though I do use gftp for it easy to use and queue downloads if Im downloading lots of files.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am also useing FileZilla, it works well so I have just kept it.:thumb:

6. sweater

Actually, I am really a newbie on this website publishing. I have already successfully uploaded the site into my host (free hosting), and I can see my uploaded files in the file manager...:cautious: ...but I couldn't figure it out what should be the next steps in order to see my uploaded files into my webpage as my site. . :rolleyes: :D

Can u give me some hints, and tips and steps....in a more simple clear manner coz the forum of the hosting site I've got my host are too lazy to make response...:'( ......even the response I got is too short for me to understand. o_O

My head is already spinning, trying all the possibilities what to do, reading but could not comprehend exactly what it really meant. Pls, give me some simple easy to follow steps on what to do next step by step so that my site can be launch without too much frustration. :oops: :p

For now, I am just trying out the free hosting site for my webpage to launch so as to make this as my practice ground in mastering the craft of making a site before going into a paid domain and host. I've even use the free NVU website editor/maker, and it's so easy to use for those who didn't know html code. Got it? :D ;)

or do u have something of free hosting site that is very easy to use for newbies....to launch their first website?

Here is a part screenshots of what I meant to be:

Attached Files:

7. sweater

Also here's the control panel

Attached Files:

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  9. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

FileZilla - the best free ftp software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.