What desktop LCD monitor do you think is the best?

Discussion in 'polls' started by sweater, Feb 15, 2006.

?

What is the best pc LCD desktop monitor?

1. AOC

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. Philips

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Samsung

33 vote(s)
    33.0%
  4. HP

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Dell

19 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. LG

11 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. ACER

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Others, Please specify the brand/s...name..

31 vote(s)
    31.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just wondering what pc LCD desktop monitor is the best in terms of value, price, performance, technology, reliability and quality...

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just bought a new LCD monitor on 02/12/06 and I did a lot of research and went to quite a few different stores and the one I found with the best picture and brightness and overall picture definition was Acer. Now this is for LCD monitors under $500.00 I got this one really cheap. it was on sale for $299.00 and with a coupon it was 60% off of that. I just couldn't pass a deal up on the monitor I found most appealing anyways. I don't get lucky often but when I do it's great.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Since I spend a lot of hours in front of my monitors, and since it relates to my business, this one area in which I don't skimp. So I use the high end Samsung 19in monitors. They can be had reasonably at JR Music compared to other dealers.

4. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Re: What LCD desktop monitor do you think is the best?

I wouldn't think there would be a single answer to this question. Each user has different needs for a monitor.

My interest is in sharp resolution of text. When I decided a few years ago to get an LCD, I went to several stores and found only one that had monitors (nine) set up for users to test. Since the monitor is what my eyes stare at, I want to be able to test first hand. They let me configure Word for the font and size I use. I chose a Microtek 17' LCD. I didn't find any advantage in a 19" for the work I do.

Price: usually not my first consideration. If I find a product I like and know something of the reputation of the company, I purchase it. I prefer to purchase locally, not only to support local businesses, but insuring quick/easy return in case it's necessary.

Performance/Reliability: for me, I can only go by what I've researched or heard from reliable people. All of the monitors I looked at had excellent reputations. I've had this Microtek for several years and have had no problems.

---

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

That's hard as I've only ever had one so can't really say, but I'll vote for HP as it's the model I have. Whether it's the best is another story. ;)

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive heard good things about Dell and Sumsung displays overall. however as with any other product, u get what u pay for.

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    I'm a gamer so it's CRTs for me, but at work I use MAG.
    Truth to be told, I cannot tell difference, used MAG, Acer, and AOC.
    Mrk

9. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

I've given a vote for LG.

Things change from one year to another - but I bought the Flatron 1710b a couple of years ago based on brilliant reviews. It's been great value for money.

10. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

"What desktop LCD monitor do you think is the best?"

According to this question there's only one valid answer:

Apple Cinema 30" HD. Period. That's it. There's one other company brand which comes close to this quality - it's EIZO.

The Apple Cinema comes as 20", 23" and 30". I don't know about the smaller brothers of this TFT, but the 30" has a recommended resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixel. There's only one problem with this TFT - you have to connect it via dual-link-DVI, what is not supported on "cheap" GFX Graphic Cards. You need there at least a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL.

Attached Files:

11. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I use Sony and my wife uses Benq. Are they the best? Don`t know, but I do know they work good and the Beng is 13ms and the Sony is 11ms plenty of responce time.

12. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I use Acer LCD's because I found them to be the best where bang-4-your-buck is concerned. ViewSonic is another one I always consider when shopping for new monitors.

13. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Viewsonic! Over the years of selling many brands, I've found them to be very reliable.

Also they tend to be on cutting edge for LCD monitors as far as speed...currently the fastest LCD on the market is 3ms...they make it.

14. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have a 19" LCD digital flat panel I got in November 2003. It is a Dell and is made by Samsung. It was rated the top LCD flat panel monitor for 2003 by tests in PCWorld and Consumer Reports. The Sharp was number 2. If I was to buy one today, I would not consider anything under 20" as that size has breakthrough technology. The 17" and 19" are essentially the same. :( My is excellent....for the old technology of 17 and 19 inch ones.

15. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I have a Dell 2005FPW, it uses a LG panel. Many other makers use a common Samsung panel.

Traded in my L90D+ for the current, like the LG more.

16. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

Viewsonic has never let me down. I own lcd and crt viewsonics and they are all still going strong.

17. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I am using a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 960BF with my main computer. I like it, I voted Samsung.

I am slightly biased as it's my first flat screen. I really like all of the new real estate on my computer desk that would not have been if I had purchased a 19" CRT monitor. :)

18. security_concerned

security_concerned Registered Member

My Philips 170s is two.5 years old now. It has NO pixel problems. At the time, it had one of the top pixel guarantees going. Samsung had the worst.

My wife has a Samsung which has been stored the last year but it did have a slightly better display than my Philips. Samsung has upgraded their warranty on lcds.

19. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Same here, I have a VP930b and it has a 3 month "Zero dead pixel" warranty. Image is very sharp. You can adjusted and turn it in every direction.

20. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I have a Viewsonic and love it. Worth you looking at this site

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

I know that some of the reviews may not be relevant to your area but its full of useful info too:D

21. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

Another vote for viewsonic.

22. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Very good resolution on a new Dell 24 " 2405 WFPD. Too early to guage overall performance as I just installed it last Friday.

23. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yet another vote for ViewSonic. I got a ViewSonic LCD to replace my Samsung CRT and have never looked back since then. :)

24. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Attached Files:

25. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

and another, or 5 if you're counting (4 VP191b's and 1 VP930b).

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.