What can I do with Remote admin?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

2. andrator

andrator Registered Member

You can configure "Automatically close windows after (sec) in the NOD32 Configuration Editor. It can be found under General | Settings | Advanced

3. Biscuit

Thanks you for your reply

I did not form my question correctly. I meant:

Can I use Remote Admin console to push any new settings changes to network clients that already have NOD32 installed & managed via the console?

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

Yes you can. You can use the configuration utility to build a config file...it's saved as an XML file. Note the location you have saved this file. I usually will build several different config files...each with a different "target". For example...standard workstations...and laptops. I first setup the standard workstation config...with my usual settings, naturally it's set to use the mirror via HTTP. I then take that file...change its update settings to be the Eset internet servers..and save that as a laptop config. (because laptops are usually road warriors..who travel for periods of time away from network).

I then take those two configs...and create install packages from them....I can then push them out as installs.

You can edit those config files..make changes. Once you do that..update your push install packages with them. However...towards your question...you can take those config files..and "update clients" with them. On your main screen in RAC...highlight any workstations you wish to update..right click...new task, configuration task...you'll see it there. They'll be updated within a few minutes, or you can force the update then, or if they're not on the network at the time..they'll get it next time they log in.

5. Biscuit

That sounds great, I'll try it tomorrow! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.