What Backup Option are you using?

Discussion in 'polls' started by pjiv, Oct 27, 2005.

?

What Imaging software are you currently using?

1. Ture Image 9

32.6%
  2. True Image 8

30.3%
  3. True Image 7

5.6%
  4. Ghost or some other Imaging software

34.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Symantec LiveState Recovery

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

So expand the options, be a rebel. :p

3. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Hey Peter, how about not based on the above options. What kind of backup software do you use and how do you use it?

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I use Image for Windows to do a complete disk image. I do this about once a week. I also to a First Defense-ISR archive refresh daily. This can serve as a backup to the image. Finally I use a directory synchronize program to keep the My Documents area(where all my data is) current. All backup data is kept on external drives.

I also own Acronis Trueimage, Ghost 2003 and Dantz Retrospect 7.0. I've pretty much stopped using these.

Pete

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Anyone know whats the difference between these two products?

http://www.leapfrogsoftware.com/product_info/first_defense/

and

http://www.raxco.com/products/fdisr/

6. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Leapfrog Software is the creator of the Immediate System Recovery engine. They do not *typically* sell directly to the public. Their technology is distributed in 2 ways: a) they work with a variety of software development partners to OEM to the technology and/or b) private labeled the product under various product names. This method of distribution provides increased awareness, market share, and revenues to their partners. The demo found on the www.leapfrogsoftware.com website is primarily used for these clients.

Here is a list of known direct-to-public private label vendors:

Company Name: PEER Software
    Product Name: Peer-ISR
    http://www.peersoftware.com/solutions/peerisr/peerisr_server.asp?sol=isr&pid=isrs

Company Name: Software Pursuits
    Product Name: BootBack
    http://www.spursuits.com/bootback/

Company Name: Raxco Software
    Product Name: FirstDefense-ISR
    http://www.raxco.com/products/fdisr/

FYI: I have found no feature differences between the above private labels, so you get the pick the company that you are most happy with.

I hope this helps.

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

8. forty

forty Guest

Ghost is all that works for me. I learned the hard way to use what works on your system and not want you want to work.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Thank you very much Zoolander64 and Acadia.

10. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

11. emt

emt Registered Member

Ti 8 using 2 harddrives - disk cloning system from one drive to the other monthly and checking by jumper switching that either drive can start computer. Each drive has entire os. Ocassionally I have to change drive letters through disk manager if I want to use both drives at the same time. Never delete orig. drive info during disk clone until you verify new cloned disk will start system. Then remove old drive if needing extra security. Some motherboards apparently cannot restart computer if both identical drives are plugged in, But I have had not had problems on two computers by simply switching drive jumpers within each computers motherboard. Of course I may loose 1 month of data if not on a cd etc, but I'm a home user & would not miss it.

12. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Well, my sig tells most of the story... However, last year I had to become a 'road-warrior' (acquiring a notebook). It was vital to backup my many newly created files on the road, and I soon found out that True Image, which works great with HDDs, was totally lame backing up to DVDs. A fellow road-warrior recommended NTI Backup NOW! 4 and it's become my preferred solution for backing up to DVDs... Works great.

~pv

13. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I will just keep it simple. No imaging software in use here.

14. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Why bother, my setup is sufficient, and if my computer gets hosed, there is always room for buying another faster one:p

Alphalutra1

15. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have Ghost 2003 and Ghost 9, and I prefer Ghost 2003. I don't find them convincing but I must admit I didn't spend enough time trying out all the possibilities offered.

16. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

The title in the forum asks what backup option one is using, and my answer is an online backup service. As to imaging software, I don't use one.

17. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I still don't use any of these backup softwares now. I have to look for more knowledge bout this...and hmmmn...there are freewares available out there that I can possibly tests. :cautious:

I can be content on using my Nero to backup some of the important files and programs on CD's, Windows XP Sytem Restore and if still it couldn't be returned back to my happy days of registry settings then I can use one of the ERUNT's daily backup files it made of the registry. :D

I am more interested now on upgrading my hardwares rather than on buying or installing additional programs that I can be even be live without them. Besides, pc's softwares/hardwares tech are evolving like speed of bullets. :blink:

18. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I backup important files to my server, and that is mirrored (manually) to an external hdd.
    I also backup to cd/dvd every once in a while (used to be more regularly before I had an external hdd)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.