What are your opinions about Tiny personal firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Jonas, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonas

Jonas Registered Member

I think the new version is v 4.5.XX. I used to hear great things about tiny, but its prasies have seemed to have died down over the last couple of years. I look forward to reading your comments.

Jonas

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The high praises were mostly from the version prior to the Kerio / Tiny split, I think. (They were one company, now they are two.) Tiny's first big product post split was TPF v3.0, and it had a very good and very strong sandbox in it for application control on the local system, and a basic packet filter for the network firewalling. Personally, I've only used the sandbox (which is also known as Tiny Trojan Trap).

Version 4.0 and 4.5 are rewrites from the 3.0 version. The interface is also very different now, and there have been different technical problems in both 4.0 and 4.5, though, they work fine for many people. I disliked the changes to the sandbox in 4.0 and 4.5, so I've stayed with version 3.0.5.

There are some good threads regarding Tiny over here DSLR: Kerio - Tiny Support

{Tiny} Tiny Personal Firewall 4.5 Available

{Tiny} TPF 4 doesnt stealth all ports!

Tips for Creating Application Groups in TPF

Tiny 4.5 problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.