What are the rules & law about selling unwanted programs?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

What are the rules about selling / buying unwanted software bothe here & in the forum?

e.g. I'd like to buy say 'AppGuard" security software. Is one allowed to ask or offer in Wilders? Under SoftwareLlaws, can we even sell something we have paid full price for only leave it in the 'disliked' folder??

2. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Im not too sure about software but i have seen software licences being offered here.
    Sorry if it doesnt help you very much but yes selling and buying has been occuring.:argh:

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

AaLF, perhaps this Policy Clarification Post will answer your question. Any Sales and/or Trade threads/posts would be removed.

4. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I didn't mean 'software', your description is what I meant, the "Software's Lic." is what I meant to say, thanks. I'm sure we've all got plenty filed away in the 'unwanted' folder. Wilders is like that. I tend to buy things and soon find a better solution. Its embarrassing at times. e.g. Only bought DefenseWall last month and I've just this minute ordered a copy of Win7 x64. Stoopid. :thumbd:

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I used to buy a lot of software also, until I one day realized that I change things so often, that I was more or less wasting my money. Now I tend to go with the free offerings most of the time...

6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks JR.

If I practiced what I mumble to myself I wouldn't have this embarrassment. 30 Day trials alone will get me through into the middle of the year after next, even without a freebie.

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

You also need to take the laws of your country into consideration. For example, here in the States if you do that, you're risking the "piracy police" raining hell fire and brimstone down upon you. Not to mention the vendors themselves probably don't look favorably upon it. I've seen licenses given out from members here before as well, but it looks like that may have stopped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.