What are the chances?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by marse.robert, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi all,
    I purchased FDISR sometime ago which necessitated the recent update. I have been experimenting with Eric's suggestions in the use of the product. For safety, Ihad the original FDISR.exe and the Update located on a separate disk and also on a flash drive. Somehow, I deleted the initial .exe, yet retained the Update.

You guessed! I cannot find the Kingston flash drive. I do have the orginal confirmation order from Raxco for Perfect Disk and First Defence - but I did not pay for the guarateed download.

Am I compelled to bite the bullet and purchase another copy? If this is the case, from where do I purchase? I thought Raxco could help - or Leapfrog Software?

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I am using a trial download at the moment.

Marserobert

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Presumably they, (Raxco) must have record of your purchase, I would contact them and explain the situation, and hopefully they will be able to resolve it for you, at the very least, if they were not able, for whatever reason to allow you to download, they could send you a cd backup of the program, the cost of which is much less than the original purchase of the product.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

marse.robert,
    It's high time for you to get ORGANIZED. :D
    I have a separate folder for each paid software and freeware in which I store :
    1. the installation file : .exe, .zip, .msi, ... whatever.
    2. a MS Word document, containing :
    - the official homepage link of the software
    - the personal account link + user-name and password
    - the user-name, serial-number and activation code of the software
    - the emails I got when I bought it.
    - important screenshots
    - special remarks

Everything has a backup on my external harddisk and a second backup on quality DVD's. This way you won't lose much.

4. marse.robert

Hi Eric,

You hit the nail on the head ,my Friend. I am a retired mathematics teacher and during my career I was the most disorganised teacher around. Time hasn't changed this "old f**t" one little bit.

I have been looking at the price of FDISR and I find it to be $69 or about £36 and that will teach me something about organisation - If the World was as organised as you are, Eric, where would that leave me?

Regards

Marserobert

5. ErikAlbert

Well you are what you are. I don't blame you anything. Being sloppy is not a crime or bad either, but sometimes it creates problems that could have been avoided. LOL.

6. marse.robert

Hi Eric,

After receiving your admonishment about my disorganised procedures, I began to think about the Applications I had previously purchased. Well, I remembered that I had a floppy disk (somwhere) that might provide a solution.
    Scramble, scramble and scratch and I finally found the "d**n" thing. But, when I found the disk it required a serial number that I had misplaced. However, the disk did have a trial period with limited facilities. The disk contained "File Scavenger!"

Low and behold, and after holding my breath, the software found the earlier copy of FDISR and I successfully recovered the application - I then applied the surviving update and I am up and running.

Now, what was your advice about getting organised? I think I must adopt your ideas to save money and temper.

Regards and best wishes,

Marserobert

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  7. ErikAlbert

Congrats, BUT there is still a big difference between you and me.
    I don't have to be lucky, think, scramble, scratch, holding my breath or search anything. I just go to my folder and I have everything to install it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.