What are the advantages of Regdefend?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jethro Tull, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jethro Tull

Jethro Tull Guest

What are the advantages of Regdefend against ad-watch or zonealarm 6 OSFirewall, for exemple?

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

The ZA OS Firewall functions more on the line of Process Guard, in that it watches for certain actions from a program (i.e. mouse/keyboard hooks) and alerts you with the choice to allow/deny.

You need to understand that RegDefend acts in real time. If something wants to preform an action on a protected reg key/value it will pause the process and ask you if you want to allow/deny said action. As for Ad-Watch, it does watch the registry some what. By that I mean it will poll/scan the registry at a given interval and then alert you to any changes with the option to keep it or not.

Another advantage of RegDefend is its configurability. You the user can decide which registry keys/values are protected. With the release of RD 2.0 Jason and company has really expanded the default registry keys/values that are protected.

I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.