What Antivirus are you using now?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dja2k, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i hope i can remove f-secure fully soon because im thinking of switching when bitdefender 10 comes out

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It will be interesting to see how folks like BD10, and if there are many conflicts with other programs.

Jerry

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

good point jerry only time will tell

lodore

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Good thing about BD10 is that it doesn't restarts itself after updates which was the main pain in the ass of BD9. Apart from this it's pretty much the same as BD9. Plus cosmetical changes.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

So those of you using F-Secure will not remain with it as soon as the new AV's come out? It is still a top competitor at detection with other top AV's right now ain't it?

dja2k

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm currently trialing (90 days) Norton AV 2006. I haven't bothered with it in nearly 2 yrs. So far, in the month I've had it, I like it. No complaints about the AV once it's set up this time around.

It's big, almost 33MB, but not as big as some others. I notice no slowdown whatever during its scan. Can't comment on the uninstall. The last trial a couple of years ago uninstalled without a problem. Hopefully, if I decide not to keep this one, it will uninstall as smoothly.

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

NOD32 which has very good detection rates & no suite. Perhaps I'll try the new NOD32 Security Suite as soon as it is out.

8. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

KAV 6 on one computer, NOD32 on another (older one).

This is my first year using KAV and my second year with NOD, before that you dont want to know :eek:

9. The Phantom

The Phantom Guest

Online Armour AV+. Best support ever.

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

NOD32 here, and I'm not going to change.

These days not only it is recognized as a top notch AV almost everywhere, but the company seems to be expanding only because of their terrific software (marketing doesn't seem a big priority with Nod unlike other well known players).

I only hope that Nod will still be available as a single application when they introduce the suite.

11. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

had used Kis06 & Nod32 but Nod32 let through a 2 nasties I found on a web page scan so am in the process of converting the other 2 machines to Kis06...I do happen to like suites as a whole theirs measures up the best, I had used Nod32 because of it's lightness & it's rep...

12. maldinilbx

maldinilbx Registered Member

I'm come from CHINA,I use Kingsoft Antivirus 2006.:)

13. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

FSAVCS 6.02. Looking forward to giving BitDefender 10 a look when it's released.

14. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im looking forward to trying bitdefender 10 and nod32 3.0. kaspersky 6.0 is good thou but i will choose after tryd the others

15. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I do not intend to change it. I am using it on my laptop, and KAV6 on my desktop. I am satisfied with both, and have no intention of changing either. When the subscriptions expire, and if there are some excellent reports of new versions of other AVs, then I might consider it.

Unless the compatibility issues with BD change/improve in V10 that one is not under consideration.

Jerry

16. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Laptop switches between Antivir Classic, They have redeemed themselves of late and VBA32(Not so much anymore)
    Desktop #1 - Always has been KAV, V6 now.
    Desktop #2 - Also KAV6, was eTrust 7.1r (because it is old as dirt Duron 900 256MB.)

17. Morley44

Morley44 Registered Member

Today AntiVir realtime with AOL-KAV on demand. Next week it might be different, like to try new av's and fw's.

18. Arup

Arup Guest

Avast, try out others but somehow keep coming back to it for some reason.

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

most av's on there right click menu have a quit or unload option some such as avast say" warning this will allow viruses and other malware through are uyou sure you want to do this" but bitdefender and kaspersky have a quit option and when you click it with out warning yur not protected its quit now that i really really dont like because you could turn it off in one click by mistake i know you can password protect it to stop that but i still dont like it. nod32 doesnt even have right click menu.

20. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am back to using only Online Armor AV+ as my main AV. Have Nod32 and Antivir as on-demand backup antivirus scanners.

dja2k

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what AV does online armour use ?

22. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Online Armor uses the Kaspersky Engine.

dja2k

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

so many antivirus programs use kaspersky engine

24. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  25. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yep sure is a great engine I got f-secure atm aka kav clone. but i want something lighter so might get kav. but bitdefender and nod32 are also on my list right now. i cant wait till it gets its new heristic engine. then it will have it all hourly updates of signitures, proactive defence and great heristic detection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.