What Antispyware works best with Antivir PE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by duke1959, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

If this should be put in the Malware section I apologise. It's just there have been many Antivir PE users posting here as of late, and I was wondering what AS if any, they use with it. I now have AOL AVS which already has spyware protection, and as much as I like this program, I also like Antivir PE equally as much, but of course it doesn't have spyware protection.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Trends Antispyware is light and gets high ratings.

3. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

I use SpywareBlaster, Ad-Aware (free) and SpyBot v1.3 (v1.4 is current, watch out for TeaTimer on AV Uninstalls/installs as it can 'lock' your registry).

I also run Ewido micro for online scans.

Another security utility I use is BufferZone for Internet Explorer (freeware) I prefer Firefox but have one site that only works with IE set at absolutely lowest 'privacy' setting.

Also ZoneAlarm 6.1.644.000.

WinXP Dell D800 centrino 2GHz & 1.5GB on DialUp, WiFi & DSL (depending on location).

4. duke1959

What about using Antivir and Spyware Terminator together. Any thoughts?

5. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

It is ok, you can add SUPERAtispyware for manual scans

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

In the two weeks I have used the trial of Avira Workstation, I have used Counterspy, Spyware Terminator, and SuperAntiSpyware. I do not normally have more than one active at the same time. I have had no issues.

My resident AT is Ewido, and I also have a-squared free as on-demand.
    Firewall is Kerio 2.1.5.
    I realize that two weeks is not much time, but at least nothing has crashed so far.

Hope this helps,
    Jerry

7. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Why don´t you test it, and then tell us what you thought about the combo? :)

Regards, C.

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I agree i have trend AS on one of my computers and it is very light yet very good.

9. duke1959

After reading the test scores on virusgr.com in which Kaspersky and Active Virus Shield did well in virus and malware tests, the AV Comaparitives, Donna's Calender Of Updates unofficial Test, and what I've been told in the Kaspersky Forum, I'm staying with AOL AVS for now. It simply runs well on my PC,as did Antivir, but since AVS already has spyware detection and I don't notice it at all when it updates, for now I see no reason to use two programs instead of one. I appreciate everyones input, and if I know myself well enough I will most likely eventually be using Antivir and ST.

10. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I use the antispyware programs listed on my signature line along with Antivir PE. I am considering adding a HIPS program to my computer and that may have antispyware functionality. But since HIPS tend to cover a different area of the computer outside of antivirus and antispyware programs, I don't anticipate a compatibility problem with installing one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.