What Anti-virus do you think produces lots of false-positives?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am just concerned w this thing coz how about if the antivirus we’re using produces many false-positive scan results? Could it still be considered as one of the AV with high detection rates even if it is making many mistakes of identifying and separating the good ones from the bad, and can possibly be more dangerous to use because of the possibilities of deleting some important files in our pc’s? :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: :'( :doubt: :(

2. SwordOfSecurity

SwordOfSecurity Registered Member

well i don't know any good names for this case, but a good candidate would be a relatively new AV (could be old though) that has recently developed heuristics in their program. heuristics do generally produce a lot of false positives, but this is only the case if not a lot of time was spent on it and also if it was created by rather inexperienced people. however, a lot of the AV's out there use heuristics and don't usually give out false positives (the popular ones at least), and then there are also the few that have the best heuristics out of the rest (NOD32 for example). so all i can really say is look for a relatively small company out there that created an AV recently...otherwise i doubt you will come across a lot of false positives.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.