What Acronis Refuses to Tell You Here

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CAOgdin, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

I've been trying to get updated versions of various Acronis products for some time...for the several weeks Acronis management has been fiddling while Rome burns (why didn't they just revert to the older website, which worked...maybe their Image Backup didn't work?)

If you need to download current Acronis files (updated September 12th), go to http://media.downloadacronis.com/

That will show you a page of XML. Navigate down to the file you want (e.g., en/TrueImage11_d_en.exe) and append that to the URL, above. So, that will take you to http://media.downloadacronis.com/en/TrueImage11_d_en.exe, where you can save the file to your local computer.

These are demo versions, and no Build number is supplied. However, I believe if you have a license you can supply that at install-time.

The encoding of files appears to be xx/<ProductName>_d_yy.exe, where xx appears to be the language of the web page, and yy is the language of the product, and "_d_" indicates this is a demo product.

I'm downloading ATIW Echo and ATIH 11, to see if they actually work. I'll report back later.

It's outrageous there aren't Acronis employees here telling us these workarounds while they diddle with their lousy (as in bug-ridden) website. If this is how Acronis intends to treat their customer, they deserve to be consigned to the scrap heap of history, alongside the Osborne computer, the DeLorean, Microsoft "Bob" (and, now "Vista").

2. Kron

Kron Registered Member

I found my registered products at this 'russian' acronis site (directed there by 'chat' folks),

https://www.acronis.net/my/index.html

and all my products were there back to TI 7.0. I was able to register TI 11 and DD 10 which I paid $9.99 for as well. However, the old site is still pretty goofy, --the old products are missing, I was able to register the new ones though.

The product suffixes you mention might be 'd'emos and won't work after trial period expires.

Ron

3. CAOgdin

The demo for TrueImage Home 11 is v11.0.8053, while V11.0.8101 appears to be current the last time I downloaded (July, 200:cool:.

And, the Demo version has no ability to enter License Number, as I had thought.

And, these were uploaded to their site on September 12th?

More Acronis tomfoolery. Did these guys get their intellectual guidance from the current U.S. President?

4. CAOgdin

Kudos & Props to "Kron!"

I had to get them to send me a new password, but, in fact, Kron is right...I was able to see my entire list of registered products, and update ATIW Echo from that site.

Thanks for Sharing!

And, to Acronis: Why are your customers having to share this information to get their paid-for products? Why won't you just step up, admit you have a problem, and help us remain Acronis customers.

Finally, to Acronis: Any rational business that made the mistakes you ahve would have long ago changed their DNS entries to route all traffic to acronis.net, while acronis.com remains broken!

5. Kron

Kron Registered Member

Great, glad it works.

BTW.. please, let's not get political referencing our president :doubt: , though I admit some of my friends are liberals;) :)

Ron

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

OH, NO, are you saying that Acronis will be getting a bailout? :rolleyes:

I was told a few days ago that all would be OK with the site soon. Well...that sounds like ae SONY reply...you all know that SONY stands for Soon, Only Not Yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.