What about Kaspersky Anti-Hacker?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dsr_sp, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverio

steverio Registered Member

Quote:
    Poor support; no update function, so it can't adapt to future attack methods; stealth mode not enabled by default after installation

I have been using KAH trial for about 3 weeks. Poor support? By what method?...forum, email? Would not updates to versions at their web site cover future attack methods? It really doesn't matter to me if they leave it a user choice to be in stealth mode by clicking a small box. KAH is fairly new and seems to be improving their product to me. Their support forum needs some help though. I have a few other security products that have forums that are useless with hardly any interaction from support. This is not good.

2. steverio

I have been trialing KAH for about 3 weeks and I still get full stealth at GRC's tests.

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi Don

I am running SP2 with clean install (XP Pro) the first blue screen was related to my hyper threading but resolved that by not allowing Outpost to auto-start.

I happened to get one today and when I used Google I found out it was related to Outpost namely a log corruption. I was wondering what the tool was meant for 'repair corrupt log' :rolleyes: now I know as when I got back again OP wanted me to do this. I am not sure what corrupted it but I was just browsing when it happened. I do like Outpost and have a registered version now but just the log thing today to puzzle me. Log repaired and error vanished.

steverio - this was just one of the reports I read when I was looking for further info about AH - I have e-mailed them myself to ask a few things (so will soon know if there is pre support!) I tried to look in the forum but there is no access unless you have a registry key. I am not sure if this is good or bad as I do like to read the pros and cons of any software. At least with OP you can view the topics and then register for help.

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hi Robyn

I have a Athlon Xp, maybe thats why i don't have any trouble. It's about time they get the hyper threading issue's sorted, it has been reported for quite some time now hasn't it. o_O Hopefully 2.5 will arrived in the next month or two. :)

I see you have tried to logon to the official Kaspersky forum, there is not a lot of action in it. A much better option is unofficial Kaspersky forum Here there's more action and faster response to your questions, and moderated by Igor Kurzin from Kaspersky. There's thread about this in the forum . :)

Regards

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks for the links Don, I certainly do not seem to be missing any useful info on the 'official' forum anyway ;) The 'unofficial' is for the AV so maybe there are no questions at all in the Anti-hacker officaial forum (that is if it is included!)
    One thing I have learnt is that at least with Outpost there is a forum with a lot of info without even having to post plus there is help when needed. I really do appreciate Outpost now and hopefully the new version to iron out the little bugs. Thanks again for this 'useful' info. Just got an update to my own AV there!

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

My pleasure Robyn. To be quite honest, i have never logged on to the official forum :D, i found the unofficial first, questions about anti-hacker is also welcome there. :)

7. steverio

Hya again Robyn,
    FWIW...concerning the KAH official forum:

Once you have logged into the forum, there is no selection for KAH on their list of topics. You need to directly type in the forum search window using key words such as KAH, anti-hacker,etc. It's crazy the way it is layed up. I think it's a language barrier issue when these non-english company forums get set up. Some of Ritlab's support is an example of this. If you drink, a nice glass of wine settles the nerves before and after dealing with support! :)

8. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I had Kaspersky Antihacker v. 1.5 for a while and though it was easy to use, it could barely pass a single leak test at firewallleaktester.com. That was the end of my using that software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.