what about hips in KAV\KIS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sach1000rt, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

Im interested to know opinions about KAV\KIS HIPS protection(PDM).

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

also read here: http://www.av-comparatives.org/... select "comparatives" on the left hand side and then scroll down and read Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 test (June 2006) and Comparative of various protection tools (October 2006)

Personaly, I like the ProactiveDefenseModule... adds a great aditional layer of protection from undetected/0-day malware. Some users consider it to have too many warnings and popups, but after makeing rules for the applications which are safe and adding them to the TrustedZone, its less anoying and works well.
    I do not use ApplicationIntegrityControl though because it is too advanced for me and has too many popups for my likeing.

4. bitbizket

bitbizket Registered Member

I do not use ApplicationIntegrityControl though because it is too advanced for me and has too many popups for my likeing.[/QUOTE]

Mine too is left unchecked since i'm using Outpost as a firewall.Outpost has the same component on it's Application Control of which using the same two components may cause a conflict in my opinion.

5. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

Too noisy.. a waste of time for the average user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.