What about BullGuard 8

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by david banner, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mozz

Mozz Registered Member

No, no need to reboot after every update.. Not at all. I think it happenend once in 9 months with a big update. That's it...

2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

This restart after updates with BitDefender its a legend.Indeed it ocuured once a month with BD 10 but with BD 2008 ,although i use it for almost 4 months i was never asked for restart.Only after fresh instalation when a large update(containing patches because the build for trials/retail is very old 11.0.11 against the actual one 11.0.16) is done you are invited to restart, but you are also offered with an option where you can choose to never restart after updates thing that seems some of you misslead.After you install BD 2008 please tick the "never restart when updating" option for you to see that this restarts can be easily avoided.
    I ve used Outpost Pro 4 + BD 10 Antivirus for almost 7-8 months and the computer was impenetrable so Bullguard may be an excellent solution but extramelly expensive.

3. theis

theis Registered Member

Hi guys,

the pricing-discussion is a bit derailed, due to mixing up the backup-space prices :) This is the real Aussie-prices for BullGuard 8, which you can compare directly with prices of other security-suites:

As of March 2008:
    Internet Security with 5GB online drive, 1 year (the normal retail-package):
    AUD90

Note that this can be used on 3 COMPUTERS, not just 1!

IF you want the same package with more backup-space, you can get:
    1 year, 10GB: AUD150
    1 year, 15GB: AUD210
    1 year, 20GB: AUD270

Alternatively, you can buy extra space at AUD12 per GB. Or, if you're only interested in Backup, not the other security-features, you can buy the standalone Backup.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Kind regards
    Theis Sondergaard
    (CTO, BullGuard Ltd.)

4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Hi Theis

Good to see you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.