What About Backups?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by karlmoll, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karlmoll

karlmoll Registered Member

Does RegDefend need to be backed up in any way (folders, files, reg keys)?

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

The default Registry and Application Rules will always be available via a reinstall, but your custom rules will need to be backed up. What I do is highlight each one and export it to a folder that my backup software reads on each backup.

3. karlmoll

karlmoll Registered Member

Thanks, is there a way to create a group called "My Apps" for example that would hold all my custom rules regarding applications? It would be nice to backup only the one group instead of each individual application rule.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You can Export (and Import) Groups to a location of your choosing, via the Configuration section, by selecting a Group and clicking the Export button; these will be saved as .ghst files.

But you can also save entire rulesets as .gsr files. To do that you disable RD, navigate to C:\Program Files\GhostSecuritySuite, then copy/paste the relevant .gsr file before re-enabling RD.

It's usually best to make a copy of the standard ruleset, paste it to another location and change the name; finally you paste it back to the GhostSecuritySuite folder. This gives you two copies of the ruleset and you can make ammendments to customize the new one, while still leaving the official one intact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.