WGA now needed for all windows updates??

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by argus tuft, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi, I just tried to check for updates at the windows updates site, and was told that to use "this newer version of windows update, you must install this update".

I checked the details, and the update was WGA :mad:

WGA.jpg

I've got a fully legit version of windows, but I really don't want to install this crapware if it's at all avoidable.

Will the automatic updates function without WGA do you think? I've got it set to "notify, but don't download or install" specifically to avoid having that crap on my pc...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Yeah the thing with WGA is that you can always uninstall it after the update. I always do that after the episode of WGA sending data to MS. If you really don't want to deal with installing WGA, there's always the fact that WGA has been cracked in all previous versions. ;)

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

The update in teh screeenshot is WGA Validation NOT WGA Notifications. You need validation but WGA Notifications is the spywa---err I mean tool that pesters you if you have a non legit Windows.

4. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Or if you DO have a legit copy of Windows that you bought @ the local retail store.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Hmm well my XP legit and WGA Notification is quiet and doesnt do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.