Western Digital 80GB SATA - Failed to write Data error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hispeed_mike, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hispeed_mike

hispeed_mike Registered Member

Hi All,

I have been spending my last few days trying to find out why TI is having a problem with this WD 80GB SATA drive. I continually get a Failed to write data error.

Thinking that it was the drive I swapped it over and same problem. Clipped the drive back to use only 150 G/b throughtput and still no go.

Does TI have an issue with WD. All works well on Maxtor. Quick reply appreciated. A work around or a compatability list would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Which version of TI are you using?

Am I correct in thinking that the WD drive is the external one?

Colin

3. hispeed_mike

Hi,

TI Workstation 9.1 and no this is an internal 80GB SATA drive. This is the one and only drive in the box.

Thanks for quick communication

Thanks
    Mike

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Strange,as you can see form my sig line, I have a Raptor 74 gig Sata drive and no problems using v9 home.

It may be worth running chkdsk /r and running a memory test. Double check the quality of your cables and what happens if you swap the sata channels around?

Colin

5. hispeed_mike

Hi Colin,

Have already changed the Cables, Swapped SATA channels and have removed the drive and run the WD tool for checking the disk. Also wrote 0's to it just in case the last drive was corrupt.

This disk I have now is another brand new one just out of the packet.

I think I might have found a problem. If there isn't anything else I can do I will just have to return the drive and get a Maxtor. Therer must be a differnece between their models and how they perform.

Mike

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You don't have one of the new core duo motherboards by any chance?

These are a problem with the Home editions

Colin

7. hispeed_mike

No. The box is a Sempron. This particular box is what I use to create all my images for the many we have of this one. Like I said it works fine with Maxtor.

I think I will put this down to the Caviar SE just not being suitable.

Thanks for your help. Just needed to know if anyone had experienced errors like this before.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.