westell 7500

Discussion in 'hardware' started by acuariano, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

provided by verizon,,my last unit was versalink 327w
    when taking the shieldsup test it shows stealth on the 327w..
    on the weastell 7500 when setting to high or medium i get this result
    Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED) — As
    Unsolicited Packets: PASSED
    Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED)

20 and 21 ports in blue 500 port in blue also

is something bad with the unit? should i ask for a replacement
    has anybody else experience the same with a 7500
    i'm on dsl

2. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Acuariano, when I moved from dialup to Verizon DSL with a Westell 6100, my setup no longer passed the ShieldsUp scan. My Linksys firewall passed ShieldsUp with flying colors, so I called Verizon tech support to find out what was going on. It took several calls to find a tech who told me how to fix the problem, but mentioned he wasn't supposed to give out that type of information. The first two techs I talked to wouldn't tell me anything. Turned out I had to go into the custom settings under the firewall tab. I deleted the DropNetbios rule in the Outbound portion of the custom settings. After saving the settings and running ShieldsUp again, my system passed. I'm going from memory and some old notes on this, so hopefully this makes sense. I don't know if your Westell has the same settings, but you might take a look. I hope this helps.

3. acuariano

custom rules look like this..
    also the the original westell 327w i was sent by verizon pass the test.either seting it to high.medium or custom..

Attached Files:

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

5. Cloudcroft

Cloudcroft Registered Member

Looks like the Westell 7500 setup is different from the 6100, so my solution won't work for you. Hopefully the link prius04 provided will help.

6. acuariano

you know what is funny..the old westell 327w gives me "stealth" in shieldsup even with "low" and only windows firewall
    from the link..."WARNING: You still need to have a software-based firewall installed on your computer to give you actual protection! (I recommend the free Comodo Firewall Pro. It is highly-rated in independent tests.) Following changes are just the basic steps to "stealth" your router, the heavy protection needs to be provided by the software-based firewall."

lol!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.