Well.....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donpiet, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donpiet

donpiet Guest

this has been an effort in futility! About a month ago I came online to buy the Acronis TI7 and saw there was now TI8. I decided to download the latest version (TI:cool: and use it. Many fustrated days later I found there was an update to this version, so, I downloaded this and applied it. Still getting frustrated, I now have found that there is a new version. I downloaded that and applied it. Prior to the last download I updated my WinXP Pro from SP1 to SP2 on a relatively new Toshiba notebook (A75-S2762). Now, wanting to back up this notebood yet, I created 7 DVD's with 19 images after some false starts. I noticed that the software does not properly control the I/O for the DVD drive and the insertion of disks, but I finally found the right procedural steps to run the software. Some frustration but, nevertheless, got into the backup. For the life of me I can not understand why Acronis will not check out each image as it is generated. Needless to say, I tried to verify the backup. Image 19 seems to verfiy and then everything else is corrupted. <snip> Yes, I have probably lost some money, gotten a few more gray hairs, lost more hair from pulling it out and in general been stressed and frustrated. <snip>

removed excessive editorialization - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
  2. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

I feel your pain. I bought ver 7.0 and struggled with it for 2 weeks every image I made, on CD, DVD, local hd and remote external hd was corrupt. Tech support was clueless. I finally got my money back.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, al92lt1
    And still have the said not working product.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. donpiet

donpiet Guest

Is Acronis afraid to address the problem? Is it necessary to snip out portions which question the ability of management, project leaders and workers to test and verify their work?

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi - you may address me in PM with any grievances. I snip out bashing type editorializing in any and all Wilders forums. I have no relation with Acronis except for the fact that I am a global mod at Wilders. I do use TI and have never had a hiccup from it - but that is also immaterial here. Support issues are to be discussed in support forums, not meandering speculation about the nature and competence of individuals - any individuals.

6. donpiet

donpiet Guest

First, where and what is PM? Are you suggesting a private message?

I don't believe I bashed any individual nor did I editoriaize. I do believe I questioned what is happening with the Acronis organization. If the organization can not produce a working product for DVD recording then it should admit to such and let the users know exactly what is wrong and if (or when) it will be corrrected so the users know where they stand. If the organization continues on in quiet mode the users are going to assume the worst. If this is editorializing, then I'm guilty!

I have been trying to keep an open mind, but, with the many problems about CD/DVD recording noted here and after-the-recording lack of ability to have a non corrupted output I think I have a right to question where, when and how the product will be made right. I have not asked for my money back, I thought I gave ample time and effort to seeing if the product was working and if not, I was ready (and did) wait for updates. Since this seems to put me in the position of providing a one way communication I take a no response from authorized Acronis representatives as an admission of their not being ready to put forth any statement for users to consider.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yes. However, this does indeed mean being a member as opposed to a guest, which some people have a hard time accepting. On the other hand, it would avoid this off-topic banter.

I, along with the other mods and admin who have reviewed the snipped content where I have stored it, disagree. Your words in regards to this matter now do not match your words which I snipped.

Any such issues can be posted and addressed as such, without questioning the intelligence or competence of persons employed by a company.

8. donpiet

donpiet Guest

The words in my last post were in no way any attempt to match something you snipped. I don't feel I need a private message to express my displeasure with the product and company response.

Since I did not keep a record of what I originally sent I can not now agree or disagree with your review of them.

If the Acronis organization would put relatively as much time and effort into correcting the problems with the software as you and the other mods and admin do on this message, then, just maybe then, the corrections or explanations for lack of them would be forthcoming. Further, I do understand you are not paid authorized representatives of the company and believe it or not I do appreciate the work you generally do.

I have no quarrel with you or the other mods and I accept you will do your job as you see fit to do it. But, as a paid customer for the software I would expect and appreciate an honest statement from the company regarding the lack of corrections.

9. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

Donpiet-
    email me at al92lt1@excite.com
    I have some ideas and suggestions for you, but my posts keep getting removed by DETOX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.