well nis 2009 refuses to delete a zlob

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

and it keeps popping up telling me it found it and i do a full scan and it finds nothing but yet it pops up at the bottom again saying it was detected but nothing in the scan. then when the scan is done it still says 0 threats found and 0 risks etc... not good imo kis2009 would have instantly removed that i HATE that i cant see which exact file it is and do what I WANT WITH IT.. this alone will prob make me remove nis2009 from my system. i dont want a av that always does what it thinks is best but i dont see a choice to let me decide..doesnt say any attention is required or anything.

i uninstalled it reinstalled kis2009 and instantly it removed the file no issues or problems no restart or anything required...not sure if i will reinstall nis2009 or not yet

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Congratulations. You've just got rid of 2 crapwares off your system. One is the zlob, and you know what is the other one.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I would recommend making the support techs aware of this in the Symantec forum. It's a serious issue and it would be good to hear what they say about it. If you do this perhaps you could post here and let us know the result?

4. zfactor

sure i will do that. where are the official norton forum?? because its for this reason only right now i will not reinstall it yet..

i think i found the official forum and just signed up there

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

6. zfactor

just posted there exactly what i did and what happend im awaiting their response..ill def post back once they say anything or if they do

7. zfactor

and WOW after reinstall of nis2009 to rescan with it everything is crawling now... even firefox is taking like 30 - 45 seconds to open... now im really annoyed,

edit must just need a couple restarts now everything is running smooth again with nis2009.. im still going to finish out the 15 days and then decide...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  8. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Some times it takes them a while to respond at the Norton forum. You have to be patient. You get spoiled here at Wilders with the quick responses. :)

9. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

Did you run the symantec removal tool before installing NIS 2009 the 2 time?

http://www.symantec.com/norton/supp...2&seg=hho&ct=us&lg=en&docurl=20080828154508EN

When have used norton before and uninstalled and installed i could have trouble unless i run the removal tool. It takes cares of most of the things that is still in the registry. Just run it. If you have NIS installed, it will be uninstalled automaticly via this tool. Then you can try installing again.

In the settings menu you can make some small tweaks for NIS. Set heuristic to agressive, Set remove low risk items on, set on load autoprotect. Your machine will use a little longer time to start, but it will prescan files before your computer loades completly.

(I hope i wasn`t to hard to understand)

10. zfactor

i DID use the uninstall tool you posted..

edit ... : the USERS AT THAT FORUM are making it seem like its not nis2009's fault .. lol.. im awaiting a real response than ill post what they say they are simply saying now that the reason kaspersky detected it is because it was in the norton quarantine folder but it WAS NOT i uninstall nis2009 BEFORE using kis2009 and used the uninstall tool to do a full removal of nis2009.. its simple every time nis2009 TOLD ME it deleted it it simply did not it was there no matter how many times it said it was deleted and i did try in safe mode as well.. im still trying it out so its not at all that im being biased here i really like nis2009 and hope this was just a fluke...

i edited this because i was not aware of who was or was not actuall from norton's yet over there so the responses i recieved were from users not from techs from what i can tell so far trust me i am trying to state the facts as best i can here

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  11. Subgud

Subgud Registered Member

:D Symantec in a nutshell!! he he

I have had my hours with them claiming that it was not their fault that the program didn`t work properly. But i guess thats just a part of they being so big that they think they are superior to everything!

NIS2009 is a really good program, to bad the support isn`t at the same level!:thumbd:

12. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

I went to Norton Community Forums and viewed your posts. Your comment that they are making it seem like it not NIS fault. At first led me to think that you had been dealing with Norton employees that try and help solve problems. After checking there I see it was only members of the forum. Much like here anyone can post. You also fail to point out the one of the members inform you that Norton does find and remove Zlob. I checked Symantec and saw that it was added in April 23 2005. Also you failed to mention that one of the members said if you were getting a pop up like you said it could be network attack. Which is
    seems possible to me. In your the Thread Norton 2009 questions. You state that its not an a vs b thing. But it looks like in around about way you made it one. Sorry for saying this but something about this whole thing smells. You can barely turn it on based on your questions a day and half ago now all this.

13. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Understand that there's a difference between responses you get in a public forum and official Symantec tech support. Anecdotal information can be useful, but it's not definitive. If you want to understand exactly what was going on with your system and zlob you will have to walk through it with a qualified tech. In fact it would have been best to login to live chat while you still had NIS 2009 installed and the bug still on the system. Since you have already removed it with Kasperksy it may not be possible to figure out what was going on.

14. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

15. icr

icr Registered Member

Download Spybot S&D it will delete zlob dns changer i was too infected by Zlob:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

16. zfactor

actually its not a vs b, i like nis2009 very much and i have since reinstalled it to give it another shot.

one member did say it found a zlob but that may or may not have been the same variant and just because it finds it for one person in one case does NOT m,ean it wil every time. this was 100% not a network attack. i checked for that thinking that may be the case at first as well.

i was asked to post this at the forum in there by a member here. i honestly did not know who i was dealing with there. so if they are just members than i can say i would have not made comments yet based on their responses.. just like you have members here that are actually from the manufacture of certain av's i thought that may have been the case there that was my first time at that forum.

irregardless i only stated EXACTLY what happened and no this doesnt "smell" i actually really liked kaspersky until they blacklisted one of my RETAIL boxed version keys that i know for sure was only on my system and after sending 2 emails they went unanswered. so that got me upset and i went looking for others options..

i di really like nis2009 and i dont say that very easy about most av's...i have edited my above post ti include the fact that they were simply member over there and not techs from what i can tell so far.. i am not at all being biased towarsd one or the other here.. if i was i would NOT have reinstalled nis2009 instead..

17. zfactor

was that with or without your av?? and i already got rid of it with laspersky then i reinstalled nis2009...ill try it for the remiander of the time and then decide.. i really like it and i am giving it a full chance

also it seems to be runnnig fine now im not sure why it runs a bit slow after a first install.. but after a few restarts it is running nice and fast and everything is smooth again there must be a reason for that im unaware of yet.. it took about 3 restarts and after that everything seems to be fully back up to speed again

18. icr

icr Registered Member

Actually i didn't scanned with norton but norton did notify there was virus infecting my computer so i scanned with spybot and it got deleted:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.