well kis 2009 killed my admin account in vista had to reformat

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it completely blocked anything from running using the c:\program data folder. wiped acces to it and vista would not let me reset it the options were greyed out for allowing or denying access for me. i created a new admin account and same deal, also tried signing on as sole admin and then removing both created admin accounts and same deal. even under sole admin with uac turned off it was no go. said it could not write to the c:\program data folder so this would no longer allow me to install or remove anything. it was fine removing kis2009 with the b update but with the c update it was causing my interent to be very slow and a few other issues so i was going to go to the 4xx versions instead..

i also went to my laptop and uninstalling kis2009 ver .357 is now causing issues on this one as wel not the same things but i am having issues opening programs up with it seems now files are either not able to be accessed or they are now removed from the system... arghhhh i had a lot of data i needed on there.. pretty upset

so has anyone had issues removing kis2009 .357 with the c update??

can you use your kis 7 key yet with the .4xx versions?? man this sucks

2. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Hi,

Well thats definitely a new one for me. Hotfixes should not make a difference to the install/uninstall process and kaspersky does not alter folder permissions.

Are you using revo uninstaller by any chance...and when do these issues start occuring (which build too)

Did you happen to be using the auto resource creation test patch

3. zfactor

no to the revo and no to the creation patch.. yeah im not sure what happened i uninstalled b a few times with no issues at all. this was the first time i uninstalled c and bam lost it all..

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Wow, that sucks..... I guess there is some risk and danger in using the new stuff, especially betas... Sorry to hear about that....

5. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Did you contact Kaspersky about these issues?

6. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Reading kaspersky forums, i thought hotfix 'c' was officially out already o_O

7. ren

ren Registered Member

Good morning,
    You are right. Hotfix C is out for 1 week at least.

8. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Hi zFactor
    have you posted your concern on the Kasperspy forum? I haven't seen this question before

9. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

10. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

doesn't mean it doesn't exist, maybe he's just frustrated & asking 'other' members of Wilders that have had this problem in this forum...just my 2 cents

11. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

You are probably right. Thanx

12. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

13. TJP

TJP Registered Member

KIS 2009 doesn't have the ObjectID "issue", check the official forums for more details.

With the previous versions of KIS & KAV, the objectID issue was a great example of F.U.D for the vast majority of users.

Cheers.

14. zfactor

well in order to fix this on the laptop i had to restart the kis2009 install when the error popped up about the program data not being accessable i had to click ignore and then let it finish and it installed, now i then used the lis removal tool and restarted, then started another install again, this time it installed fine...so my guess is there is something maybe in the newest updates causing a problem uninstalling the program but why the admin rights were changed on the program data kaspersky folder is beyond me.. that was very strange. i let it now update and for the heck of it tried to uninstall again and now it reinstalls fineo_Oo_O it must have been something in the last sets of updates before the newest ones i assume..

yeah i didnt post on the kas forum yet but i will i wanted to see if i could figure ut the solution first

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

A few off topic posts removed. Let's show a little respect for the original poster by not hijacking his thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.