Well crap, another snag for me help....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by quickdraw, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickdraw

quickdraw Registered Member

Someone help me out here huh. I've read in here everywhere that in order to image to a dvd-r you must first format it with a program such as InCd. I just bought the new version of Nero...version 6.6 I think, but every time I put in a dvd-r disk, I don't see any way to use incd to format it....in fact the docs say the only time incd comes into play is with RW discs. So how do I set TI up to image onto a dvd-r disc if I can't format it?

Thanks for any assist.

QD

2. Trying hard

Trying hard Guest

I don't know where you have read everywhere about using Incd to format DVD-r but the FAQ tells you how to write to DVD's
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html#20

DVD-r is not supported AFAIK to write directly and DVD+r is only supported to write directly with Roxio Drag to Disc. INCD needs RW discs

You can use DVD-r with Nero if you use the 2 step method mentioned in above FAQ

Personally I use an external USB hard drive which I disconnect after backup and store off site. I find it easier than DVDs. UDF can be problematic.
    2nd choice would be using the 2 step method to DVDs

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

None of the packet writing programs support formatting DVD-R disks.

InCD only support formatting DVD+RW and DVD-RW disks. Roxio supports DVD+R in addition to the RW formatting.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.