Well, after batting around various

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Chuck57, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

programs, I'm back to my ancient Raxco First Defense ISR, 1.10.237. I know, way out of date but I see no need to update. This version, even a couple of years or more old, will do for what I need.

I had it sitting on my second HD, and rattled around for days trying to figure out a way to play with trial software without clogging up my registry, etc and it was there all the time.

Wonderful program. I guess there's no real point to this post.

2. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I am using FD-isr version 1.05 , works well even now.:thumb:

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Using an archaic version myself too since i'm content to sit on XP Pro and it might just as well be the new 21st hit of the century even now. You just can't kill this beast, and it just dossn't know how to puke, sputter, or stumble either.

EASTER

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Mine is on my old xp pro desktop. It's living through download and trial hell, now that I have the laptop. FD-ISR could be a lifesaver, or at least timesaver since I can keep a relatively clean image and not need to format every year.

I can't believe I forgot abouut First Defense while I was trying this and that. All the time, it sits on my second HD just waiting and beckoning me to install it.

I seldom go on line with the Dell laptop. It's strictly for work, so don't see much need for FD-ISR there.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm back again indefinitely to my biggest hard drive which is POWERED BY FD-ISR! (Classic) again.

I decided to go thru each and all 9! :eek: of my snapshots and revisit them again updating all the security programs been left dormant awhile and even added some new ones.

Not only that but i got my hot little hands on some drop dead custom AVI's (move, copy, delete, etc) for Shell32 and 21st Century colorful eye-blowing msgina.dll start up screens thats gonna make Windows 7 look like a Win 95 :D

I been going through each & every snapshot upgrading/customizing/adding to them, then of course doing the proverbial Copy/Paste to .arx for safe keeping. With the fantastic security programs available now for XP and i suppose Vista, theres little chance to ever penetrate FD-ISR maliciously.

It's taking a lot of time because i'm doing a fully thorough file cleaning/deleted file wipe and full UD Defrag on them all, and boy do they zip now! Need any more be said, LEAPFROG and Todd fashioned THE MOST LEGENDARY ISR and Multi-Platform, Multi-System apparatus that will never be repeated by any developers no matter what. They definitely broke the mold after building this Gem!

And i repeat, you just can't break it and who would ever thought a program of this magnitude could even double as a backup imaging app, which is just what those "FULL" archives do on their return voyage to snapshots again.

W00T!

6. raakii

raakii Registered Member

FD-ISR is best ISR for situations in which multiple config is important.For everyother situation i use Imaging+ Lite Virtulisation.

I am rather concerned about new software not have the features of old softwares like Fd-ISR and Shadowuser.

Both of these so called obsolete softwares have features that are not currently available or working efficiently in newly developed softwares.

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ditto everything that Easter said. Five years ago when I first read about FirstDefense-ISR, then sold by Raxco, I simply could not believe what I was reading about it so I ignored it for a while. Then I figured "what the heck, might as well take a chance" and besides, Raxco had a good reputation, would they be selling a lie. Within two weeks I had purchased a second license for my wife! :cool:

Acadia

8. screamer

screamer Registered Member

hehehe Acadia, same here, I'm on my fourth license.

...screamer

9. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Seven :D

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

It just can't be beat!

Have you ever seen an ISR where you could load up nearly every security app that's been posted here, heap some or many of them together, and they co-exist without a single issue.

I always like the idea of having akin to several partitions on a single disk, not that's a chip off the old block if i ever seen one.

I have some snapshots running both Returnil RVS (free) & remember old Power Shadow? Well they both work inside the same snapshot no matter which one. Reboot and bingo, back to beginning again.

Makes you wonder how in the world they ever came up with that unique way to apply rings (snapshots) of systems up to 10!

After all this time it still performs as the very first day it came out. That just blows me away.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

While I agree with all the sentiments, this is indeed turning into another feel good thread.

Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.