Weird XP icon problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by n8chavez, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I've been tryin to fix a very weird XP icon issue. As you can see from the screenshot, there are icons for Miranda, Dr Web, and Proxomitron but they don't show up on the left side. Obviously, this is not just limited to LnS. My icons for every exe have been replaced my the one you see. Any ideas here?

[IMG=http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2333/picmq0.th.png]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Chavez,

You sweep the registry with CC? These came to mind unless you could attribute it to any recent, program update's.
    "Increasing the icon cache size" (supplied with kb) could also produce result's.

GF

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

XP issue? That looks like an application window, isn't it? The is probably a default icon for a certain file type like .exe, you have different choices depending on what you want to do. If you are making shortcuts you are free to "customize" and use whatever icon you want, while the original will still have either it's built in icon, or the windows default one for that file type.

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.