Weird Superantispyware Discounts!!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xpsunny, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpsunny

xpsunny Registered Member

Hi,

I was just wondering that since the birth of SuperAntiSpyware, the "Today Only" scheme is existing in the SAS website's post download page. Well.....when will be tomorrow theno_O? Don't you think that it's an unfair way to compel people to buy SAS immediately.....by providing fake information?

"1 DAY ONLY" since more than 3 years......:blink:

take a look at the screenshot....

Attached Files:

• cow.jpg
      cow.jpg
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Never if it is up to them :D

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Without a doubt it is deceptive advertising, and you can look forward to a deceptive response from the people responsible for it. :thumbd:

4. xpsunny

xpsunny Registered Member

Well, I posted the same issue in SAS forum thrice.....but without a reply the thread was deleted by a moderator...

I think such type of marketing is totally unfair....

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Well, thanks for posting it here, xpsunny. It won't get deleted here. ;)

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

We are free to post any discounts, specials, promotions that we want to - at any time, for as long as we want. Just as any web site or store can. We are also free to moderate our forum as we see fit.

XPSunny has posted many false statements, tried to provide samples that were legitimate programs so we would create definitions to create false positives and harm our user base, etc. and has been warned numerous times. He/She basically got caught and is now retaliating.

Giving users a discount to purchase our products certainly is not deceptive.

@XPSunny - you are now banned from our forums and ALL of your posts removed.

@Page42 - you have had a problem with us since the start, and you are entitled to your opinion.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i think it is a super great discount anyway:thumb:for a great product

8. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I don't have anything against your program and even use it as an on-demand scanner. I've never seen this part of your add campaign till now and I have to say that it is definitely deceptive and a disgraceful way to treat potential buyers for your product. You are entitled to provide buyers with a discount, but if it's the same discount labeled as a "1-day only" offer and has been that way for 3 years, then you really should take out the "1-day only" part and replace it with "Special Offer" or something to that extent.

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I am sorry that giving our users a two for one product special is disgraceful to our potential users. Most of our users love the fact they can get a discount on a the product and are more than happy with the special.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

PLUS alot of user here also including me use the free version to remove malware in real time leaving our systems almost 99% secure:thumb: thanks for such a good free scaner:thumb: now people shouldnt complaint about anything at least we get some thing free that really works:thumb:

11. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

very common to see such practice.......
    my neighborhood has a shop on close down sales...... but never close... :rolleyes: ...
    ..... this shop not so ethical....

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats why the dollar store never closes:D

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I saw a furniture store with a big sign in the window that said, "Best Prices in the World!". That was pretty funny. Like SUPERAntiSpy says, "We are free to post any discounts, specials, promotions that we want to - at any time, for as long as we want". These practices often say more about the business than the business owner ever intended. ;)

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats their bussines and thats their way to run it:D
    i bet you will do same thing:D

15. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

imo, it is a neat software....

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ofcourse it is one of a kind:thumb:

17. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

You are right - we have provided over 12 million users FREE ANTISPYWARE software to fix their problems without asking for a penny.

That certainly speaks volumes about who we are!

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Ah, but you digress!

The thread topic is not FREE ANTISPYWARE. It's Weird Superantispyware Discounts!!. The OP started this thread to point out a deceptive advertising practice... which is you saying that a price is good for "Today ONLY" and "1-DAY ONLY".

The thread is about a paid product and advertising, not a free product. Your response, in my opinion, is off topic. :thumbd:

19. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

I can see how some one might be put-off by the '1-Day Only' thing. I personally chose to get over it and enjoy a quality product. Nick and his crew have been prompt and courteous when resolving any issues I have had with SAS in the past. 'Catch more flies with honey...'

Get over it and use it, or get over it and don't use it.
    Either way, get over it.

20. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Nick you don't have to come here defending the pedigree of SAS. The service you give is unerring and generous:thumb:

21. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Geez, Also DVDFab uses the same special yet on their homepage and i agree it's a bit weird but i got over it. The program itself is unmatched, where in its early days it was buggy and i even distrusted it so much i was afraid it was rogue now its n1 and still rising. Its light, has high detection, cleans well and its free.

I just think that all the complainers love SAS so much that they have to nitpick each thing and get banned for it HaHa :D

22. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

XPSunny was banned for submitting false samples to us and for behavior that he/she was warned about for over a year. In fact, it's the only user we have EVER had to ban.

23. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

A great company with a great product!:thumb:

Regards,

Smokey

24. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Agreed.
    This whole topic is petty.
    Nick can advertise as he wants.
    The bottom line is the product itself and the service.
    SAS works and Nick and his crew are always there to help.
    If the advertising works for Nick, more power to him! :D

25. aigle

aigle Registered Member

The advertisement is deceptive, no doubt. But I think it,s basically the today,s competitive advertisement style/ trend that forceses many vendors to do such things. Sad infact. But it doesn,t seem to be a usefull thread in any way.

SAS is a good software, that,s reality.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.