Weird NOD32 5.0.94.0 & 4.2.71.2 Quarantine display bug !?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Active, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Active

Active Registered Member

I Uninstalled NOD32 4.2.71.2 with its own Uninstaller. Rebooted, then Installed 5.0.94.0 and now I've got a weird Problem with both Versions.

The NOD32 5.0.94.0 Quarantine Tool shows (immediately after the installation) that 1 object is quarantined although there's absolutely nothing in it.
    I've already tried to uninstall it properly (safe Mode) with the ESETUninstaller 4.0.15.5 + Registry Cleaner but the behavior remains the same and now for both 5.0.94.0 & 4.2.71.2 . :blink:

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit SP1 (only one Account and with administrator privileges)

Any suggestions about the cause ?

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Possibly the following file:
    Code:
    C:\Users\[your account]\AppData\Local\ESET\[sub directory]\Quarantine\INFO.NQI
    is not being deleted when you uninstall.

3. Active

Active Registered Member

Thanks for your help stackz,
    but I've already deleted this directory manually and without success to resolve this Problem.

In the meantime, I've created a Virtual Machine(with WIN 7 64Bit) then installed NOD32 4.2.71.2, uninstalled it and installed NOD32 5.0.94.0 to reproduce the behavior but everything was alright like it should.
    Seems like this Problem is caused by a previous Version of NOD32 maybe 4.2.71.1 or 4.2.67.10. The Fact is that I can't get rid of this Problem without reinstalling the whole OS and thats no option.
    There has to be a better way e.g. Proper uninstall Tool if the Problem is caused by remaining traces in the registry or elsewhere!?

Any help is appreciated !

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Have you tried deleting the file using something like MoveOnBoot, or from a linux bootable distro?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest searching for *.ndf and *.nqf files in the c:\users folder and deleting them manually.

6. Thankful

Thankful Registered Member

I just downloaded new version 5.0.95.0 AV and my quarantine had files from a previous installation. Where do quarantine files reside on disk with Windows XP Pro/SP3?
    I would suggest Eset do a better job with its uninstall function.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.