Weird error after restarting PC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Numafan, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numafan

Numafan Registered Member

I had received Eset Smart Security a few days ago and until yesterday it was working fine. I decided to restart my computer after getting a new program on it, and I heard the error sound as it was turning off. When I turned my computer back on, Smart Security said "Antivirus protection is disabled. Virus scanner initialization failed. Most of Eset Smart Secruity modules will not function properly." I tried to uninstall it, but it said that only works for products currently installed. When I bought my product, I ordered the back up CD, and here comes the question; will that help at all? How can I uninstall Smart Secruity if it says it is not installed, and it does not even come up in Add/Remove Programs?

2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Try using the ESET Smart Security installation package to uninstall ESET Smart Security.

3. Numafan

Numafan Registered Member

Where can I find that by chance? Thank you for responding by the way.

4. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Find? Didn't you already download the installation package? If you did that same package can be used to uninstall too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.