weird chx-i 3.0 payload usages

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TECHWG, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Whats the weirdest/coolest uses you can think of utilizing payload filtering/triggering? And quickly explain a little of how it works and perhaps how to impliment.

My usage for it is to lock down ports to the world and selectively give me access to those ports at the ip address i am at , at that time using a web server and an http link i can click to activate my ports for the pc i am at.

Whats yours ?

BTW if you know of any real way to port-knock on windows i would prefer that but really the web interface is very handy for using on a restricted computer- a simple www.server.com/secretaccesscode/ and you just got your ports opened to your pc !

2. koomi

koomi Registered Member

Interesting thread, I've just started to use CHX myself and am curious as to what the folks here are doing with it. o_O

That's basically this method, yes?

3. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

Here ya go ;)

As to payload filters, i really don't know how or why I would need one with my current setup, but once I setup a server, then I might bother trying to figure it out.

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.