Weird Chrome activity - Ultimate Chrome Flag?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have Google Chrome 4.1.249.1064 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. My extensions are Adthwart, Flashblock, Inline Search & Lookup and Ultimate Chrome Flag. While on Facebook a few minutes ago a new page opened in Chrome. It is here-
    http://www.aredeye.com/addons/index.htm

It references Ultimate Chrome Flag and a few other extensions.

Anyone else know about this site or why Chrome would open a new page without my desire? This happen to anyone else?

2. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I don't know, but I would notify Google of this just in case.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, can be an action on updating the extension, or a keyboard shortcut (did hit a conflict b/w AdBlock and Keyscrambler just couple days ago w/ Ctrl+Shift+K) or whatever.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I didn't do any shortcuts, even by accident. The page just opened in a new tab by itself.

5. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

As said... can be an action/bug on addon update (which happens completely invisible in the background, unlike FF). Not really sure what kind of info are you expecting to receive here given the amount of information you've been able to provide. Why don't you ask the addon author instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.