Websites not opening correctly in higher efficiency mode

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marcos, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john smith

john smith Registered Member

I could have better said: The previously mentioned sites failed to load, or loaded incompletely in IE 6.0, with IMON in the high efficiency setting.

j.s.

2. Proud User

Proud User Registered Member

You people should quite using that IE trash and get a decent piece of software such as Opera, NOD32's best friend for your everyday browsing :cool:

The picture linked here shows how NOD32 has no problems opening PDF files into the browser (proper plugins previously installed of course). It doesn't either crash opening thru the reader itself. Efficiency was set to the maximum.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  3. john smith

Yeah, yeah, yean.... fact is, most of us *do* use other browsers as well as IE. I like several feature of Opera (author mode, quick scaling), but my beef
    with both Firefox and Opera is that you need to install Sun Java for the many
    Java sites to work, and Sun Java has always made my system behave oddly
    and eaten extra resources.

In the real world, ESET needs to make NOD work well with IE if they want it to thrive, like it or not. Head in the sand doesn't cut it.

Best,

John

4. Proud User

Proud User Registered Member

I somehow agree, sure alot of people still use IE, but making NOD32 more compatible with IE under maximum efficiency settings can also encourage IE users to keep using that pile of junk and that's no good....of course, NOD32 needs the funds so I guess it's up to the people the choice of making their lifes better :D

5. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

I am using Mozilla FireFox 1.0PR too, and I am not able to reproduce any of your problem, every link given here loads fine on my browser (set to higher efficienty mode as well as NOD)

Windows XP + SP2

regards,

gkweb.

6. Jer30

Jer30 Guest

A problem that IMON gives me is when iexplore.exe is set to higher efficiency, any file that I download cannot be opened. If I set iexplore.exe to higher compatibility, then they download and open fine.

7. googler

googler Guest

I get the same error message
    iexplore.exe – Application Error
    The instruction at “0x77279295” referenced memory at “0x7d4b2e20”. The memory could not be “read”.

Found this website through google.

I was looking at http://www.nyra.com

8. panic

panic Guest

I have been lookinginto this problem. I set everything to HIGHER EFFICIENCY except the following:

Mozilla/4.0 ieexplore.exe Higher compatibility

This is on a fully resored-from-scratch computer that never had mozilla installed or even browsed to their website. I used a full version of Windows XP Pro, so no proprietary software of any kind was installed. There were 8 Mozilla listings in the IMON 'HTTP compatibility setup' window; 7 Mozilla/4.0 and 1 Mozilla/3.0. I don't know why they are there, but if you set only the above one to Higher Compatibility, you can set the rest back to higher efficiency, and the problem websites will open.

9. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

The latest version 2.12.3 has solved the problem for me of not being able to open the previously mentioned websites in high efficiency mode. All the websites now open correctly in high efficiency mode.

I don't know what ESET did to fix it, or what was causing the problem, but whatever they did fixed it on my rig.

Good job ESET.:)

10. panic

panic Guest

Big D1,
    Where did you get version 2.12.3? I've been hoping the next version would come along and solve things, and apparently it has. Could you supply link, please? Thanks!

11. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

http://www.nod32.com/download/download.htm

12. panic

panic Guest

Thanks, I downloaded and installed and all is well. However, does anybody know why the program didn't update itself since I have it configured that way? The link above was just the download page, and Eset doesn't mention the exact version on that page. It's easy enough to DIY, but if you don't know the PGM has a new update, how do you find out? (Iknow, I know... keep reading these forums!) Did anybody's PGM update itself? Thanks.

13. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

It is not a major engine update, basically it is there for anyone having problems and those installing for the first time...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

14. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

I had inquired to ESET regarding the PCU (Program Component Update) updates.

Version 2.12.3 will not be available to push via the mirrors I'm afraid.
    The next version that will, is going to be 2.13.0. In between, however,
    there will be 2.12.4 available for download only.

15. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Me too!

16. windstrings

So where on esets websit does it show the version?
    I just downloaded it again and other than comparing bit sizes.. they don't elude to what version you are downloading?... How are we supposed to tell if we NEED a download... when we can't trust the auto component download?

17. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I would agree that the website needs work as far as information is concerned.
    I think this was expressed on this forum in the past.

The autoupdater has worked well for me for definition updates as well as engine updates.

As far as learning of a new version, this forum would probably be the best place to find out.

18. windstrings

Same here... I have have the same router! and all same configuration.... no problems

19. Blackspear

Pictures at Wilders do not all load when using IE and Higher Efficiency, see this thread for further information...

20. panic

panic Guest

Picture also are missing from image search sites such as AllTheWeb, unless you run IE as compatibility mode. It seems Eset had fixed the problem of those websites that didn't open, with version 2.12.3, but now another problem presents itself...

21. Blackspear

That's ok, keep them coming, have to keep those developers at Eset on their toes ;) :D

22. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The picture missing might have contained a JPG exploit, please check your virus log if there isn't a word of it. In case you have the HTTP scanner set not to show the alert window, you wouldn't have noticed it except that the images wouldn't have loaded.

23. Notok

Notok Registered Member

http://www.tgslabs.com/eng/downloads/

Using Mozilla, some pictures won't load, some load in the wrong places. It changes every time I hit 'reload' until it finally comes out fine.

Strangely, Mozilla shows up twice in the list, one in all caps, one in all lower case letters. It's when they're both in higher efficiency mode that it has problems. If I change the upper case entry to higher compatibility and leave the other in higher efficiency, it works just fine (for the most part.) For the record, my Mozilla executable is in all lower case letters.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  24. john smith

Rats! You're right. Just when I thought this version had worked things out.

John. S.

p.s. And I checked the logs... no exploit viruses involved.

25. Blackspear

They will get on top of it eventually ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.