websites allowed and possible NIS conflict

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by catelainefoley, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catelainefoley

catelainefoley Registered Member

How on earth can I tell the spyware blaster to allow a specific site...www.officepools.com will not load since I installed the spyware. I cannot see a specific place to say www.officepools.com can be allowed. The only things I see are foreign to me . Thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: websites allowed

Since I do not find officepools contained in Spywareblasters ActiveX, Cookie or Restricted Sites database....what actually happens when you go there ?

Just to make sure....I enabled all of Spywareblasters protection and was succesful in reaching the site.

3. catelainefoley

I cannot log in to get pool update , can go to the site ok, but not log in unless I go through the longer process of logging in on the can't log in place . Cathy

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ok Cathy let's take this a little further. When you go to the normal? screen....NOT the "can't log in place" screnn. When you input your Pool ID and Password and select Login....what happens ? Does another screen popped up....does it just sit there....what actually happens ??

Also....what browser type is this on....Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox....etc ?

5. catelainefoley

Hi, when I put in the name & password...then login button, it does nothing , then have to go through the can't log in section, it lets me log in , tells me it has to do with a firewall or something. My norton antivirus has a section to allow, which I have added the allowed websites...ebay,office pools, etc. It has only happened since I downloaded the spyblaster.Thanks for your help...Cathy

6. catelainefoley

Bubba, try this, go to www.officepools.com, the pool ID is truro2005, the password is stats, can you get in ?

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

It works fine for me using Firefox 1.5.01 and Spyware blaster 3.5.1. Dou you have javascript enabled?

8. Cypherpunks

Cypherpunks Registered Member

Also works fine for me....Firefox/1.5.0.1

Spyware Blaster 3.5.1

9. catelainefoley

Hmmmo_O, I dunno o_O All the other websites I use are ok, except for the weather station, I cannot view the traffic cameras anymore.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The viewing of traffic cameras and "does nothing" tells me you have Active script disabled either in Internet Explorer or possibly your Firewall.

Take IE for instance....I normally surf with High settings....in particular Active script disabled. When I select the Login button...."it does nothing". If however I select Prompt for Active script I see the below presentation.

I suggest with one IE browser window open....you take a look at your IE settings....Tools\Internet Options\Security tab....click on the Internet Web content zone then Custom Level. Then look in the Scripting area and temporarily enable Active script. Close down that one IE window so the setting will take effect and then re-visit Office Pools and attempt to login.

Attached Files:

11. catelainefoley

I have checked as you said, it is already on the enable .I really appreciate your help.

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What Firewall are you using and have you checked it's settings ?

BTW....all of my successful Login's mentioned above were with all of Spywareblaster enabled.

13. catelainefoley

I have norton security & just the firewall that came with my windows xp I have checked the settings & also tried to log on to the office pools with it turned off...still no go o_O

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Cathy,

Could you be just a little more specific Please. Is that Norton Internet Security ? The reason for that kind of question is because there are settings in those programs that can effect Active script and it would be important to know the actual version and name in order to assist properly.

15. catelainefoley

yes, Norton Internet Security

16. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am not a Norton user but I am looking at Symantecs online support site for any explanation of how to disable script in NIS. Perhaps you can look in the programs help file and type script. Maybe it will show you where to check if script is enabled\disabled.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  17. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I have NIS (2004), Spywareblaster and IE-With all enabled and making no changes, I was able to get in.

The only problem I had was that my Yahoo toolbar blocked the popup the 1st time I went-I viewed the popup and it was,I guess, your league-I closed the window and went back and it came right up after logging in. Just went offline-erased the cookies-put a block on that cookie(through Winpatrol)-and just went there and it let me right in.

I do not know why(and I am sure it has nothing to do with this)-but even though I disabled its cookies-it still remembers the signin name and password when I return. I just checked and the cookie is not there-but I closed the window and returned and there was the name and password. It did forget after I went offline.

Also-doesn't NIS come with AV and Personal Firewall?

Good luck.

18. catelainefoley

Thanks for all the help, I will get it figured out somehow...Cathy

19. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Cathy

Which version of NIS are you using?
    Check out the settings page at the following link, in particular the sections on Ad Blocking, Privacy and Active Content and see if they help. You will likely need to add that site to the list and allow referers and possibly active content depending on your current settings.
    http://www.crazym.ca/nis/index.html

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.