Website blocked in Opera but not in IE? Help!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by satasonic, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satasonic

satasonic Registered Member

Hey guys. My dad clicked on a spam email (accidentally, it really looked like it came from a relative, I checked it), and there appeared to be a spammy link there. The link opened just FINE on IE, but what alarmed me so much- Is that the link was blocked when I used a different browser- Opera. Now, my question is- If it happens again, how can I be sure that Im not infected?

PS. I still dont know but my stubborn dad is not willing to use Opera. Its useless to convince him to use anything but IE.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

What version of ESET security are you currently running on his computer? Have you already run an on-demand scan to check for infections?

3. satasonic

satasonic Registered Member

Im running the latest ESS smart security module. Everything is updated to the last signature.

Ive ran about 10 scans since this happened- Nothing was found. Its still alarming that the same website which was blocked in Opera was passed fine in IE...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.