Webroot Triple Helix -- Heads Up Re: Amazon.com

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hawki, Oct 19, 2014.

1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Amazon.com Software Downloads, downloads the wrong product when you buy Secure Anywhere for PC Gamers 2015.

The downloaded file is named correctly but it installs Secure Anywhere A/V, not Secure Anywhere for PC Gamers 2015.

They are issuing me a refund but said it might take a few days to correct the problem on their website, if ever.

I didn't realize when I bought it on Amazon that Webroot is currently offering the same special discount price as Amazon.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

I have been informed by Bronze VIP Poster on the Webroot Forums that all versions of Webroot Secure Anywhere install the same software, it's the license key that unlocks the various features/editions. So Amazon is not selling the wrong download, they are selling the wrong license keys. Turkeys.

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It's funny, as I have long suspected that. Yet last time I was dealing with their support they told me otherwise, and said I was downloading the wrong installer.

I also don't like that they make it difficult to find the downloads on their webpage, as least compared to most companies where the downloads are front and center. And then when you do find the download page, it makes you enter email, name, etc to get the file. I don't understand why they make it difficult.

4. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I entered my mail to try WSA, I didn't purchase after that, and some months later they sent me a free one year license to my mail. So not bad at all.

5. hawki

hawki Registered Member

You know this really sux.

I paid Amazon in good faith for an antivirus product I did not receive. Because of an Amazon error in associating the wrong key for the product, I received a different product that I did not want.

I complained and was issued a refund that will be of no use to me for at least a week. BUT Amazon has already removed the product I paid for from my software library.

SO NOW I HAVE NO ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM AND WILL NOT HAVE THE FUNDS I PAID AMAZON TO BUY ANOTHER PROGRAM FOR A WEEK.

THIS WAS ALL THE FAULT OF AMAZON BUT IT IS ME THAT SUFFERS THE CONSEQUENCES OF AMAZON'S MISTAKE.

THAT IS A SICK POLICY.

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

They are screwing up with the new Norton Security also. If you look at the reviews by the verified purchasers for NS and NSwBU you will see that the key they paid for does not work. For some it will not work for the software downloaded from their Amazon Software Library but will work with the download direct from Norton's site. For others it won't work on either download and requires time with Norton Support Chat to get the key to work.

Despite their $20 cheaper price will anyone who reads the verified purchasers' reviews buy NS from Amazon?

Is it any wonder they are eating up the world and still can't make a profit? (It's owners are making a profit with shares valued at a zillion times earnings but the company bleeds money and treats it's employees like a North Korean work camp--what's wrong with this picture?)

Maybe to make it up to me they will fly a drone to the window of my apartment with the correct key(or an IED for posting about my experience).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  7. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I think you need to chill. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Amazon has great customer service. They made a mistake, and are providing you a refund. If you seriously can't afford to buy different protection, while you wait a week for a $30 refund, then use a free alternative in the meantime. Or just enable Windows defender for a week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.