Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus & pop ups

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tookerjeff, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hello all,

I have been trialing the new Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus and must say I am impressed so far with it's ease of use and various configurations, etc. :)

One thing I have noticed though, is at times when there is a pop up/ad alert, the pop up will turn into a dark window or the whole pc screen will turn dark until the pop up is closed. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, when I just try and close the pop up from the thumbnailed webpages at the bottom and not by other means, I seem to have to scroll with the mouse very quickly over them just to get to the offending window or else the will close again, if that makes sense!

Anyway, just something I noticed--not sure if it's just Webroot trying to block but acting kind of buggy or what....

-Tookerjeff

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

What kind of pop-up/ad is it? What does it say? Can you get a screenshot? Never heard of this o_O

3. tookerjeff

hi Dermot7,

really no particular ad/pop up...the actual pop up just turns very dark though you can still see it or the whole screen does. I'll try and get a screen shot though. Heh, sounds like it may just be my 'puter :)

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

There is an option under Settings/Basic Configuration to "fade out warning messages automatically":

notifications.jpg

I wonder if you disable that whether the situation clears for you?

[Mods: maybe this thread could be moved to the Prevx/Webroot forum.]

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Just saw this thread: the dialog you're seeing is likely a malicious website being blocked. It should be rendered with "Allow" and "Block" buttons on it but if it isn't, could you let me know what browser/OS you're using so that we can look into rendering better on there?

Thank you!

6. tookerjeff

Hi guys,

TonyW - hey I tried your suggestion but it still will resort to turning the pop up very dark. I still have to scroll the mouse very quickly over to the page thumbnail (pop up) at bottom of screen making everything lock up just to close it. I tried getting a screenshot but as I said everything locks up until I close everything so I can't get one at the moment! :p

Once in a while I will see a notification from WSA asking if I want to allow or block. Even if I tell WSA to block, this still happens. Anyway, kind of strange. :)

PrevxHelp - Sure: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. Let me know if there is anything else you need or in private message too.

7. tookerjeff

Btw, I'm using IE9 browser...

Heh, even trying the "Snippet tool" to take a screenshot at the moment. Now this time not exactly locked up, but Start Menu window won't stay open long enough to select the tool! Can't scroll fast enough on that one unlike when I was trying to close the pop up when it was a thumbnail below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.